Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by bartoszW-3 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 22, 2021 at 9:47 am

bartoszW-3

I have an issue with the plugin while using DIVI theme. After adding translation, the blank space appears under the footer and CSS doesn't work. URL: hidden link. The space shows only on the English version, what can I do to get rid of this? Thank you

April 22, 2021 at 10:19 am
April 22, 2021 at 10:35 am #8599569

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Can you please check if this issue appears when:

- only WPML plugins are activated, as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin

Please make a full site backup before testing this way.

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 22, 2021 at 11:03 am #8599881

bartoszW-3

Checked that, the issue is still there after leaving only WPML plugins active

April 22, 2021 at 2:33 pm #8602005

bartoszW-3

I just discovered one thing that might be interesting in this case. After creating a new page, it shows the same blank space under the footer and this space disappears after going to a visual builder and updating the page. Unfortunately, it does not work like that in our case (with translated pages). It is also the place where DIVI's loader shows up after going into the visual builder mode.

April 24, 2021 at 12:26 pm
April 26, 2021 at 2:53 pm #8626985

bartoszW-3

Hi, thank you for the information.

I tried to migrate the site as you've said, all the login data worked but after going to the migration process it didn't move (0% of progress on each bar, screenshot "migration-error-1"). Now it ended up with an error (screenshot "migration-error-2").

Feel free to configure the migration yourself using the provided WP account or try to contact Claudways support. I tried my best but it didn't work several times in a row...

migration-error-2.jpg
migration-error-1.jpg
April 27, 2021 at 8:37 am #8631843

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

I noticed something else that we need to fix first so let's put the migration aside for one moment.

Please add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M');

This is needed in your site because otherwise WPML and DIVI won't be able to work properly and they might throw issues like the ones you are encountering.

Please let me know when that's done and if the problem continues, try to migrate the site once again.

April 27, 2021 at 9:43 am #8632847

bartoszW-3

The memory limit code snippet is added, but the gap under the footer still remains and the migration works (or rather doesn't work) the same way as it was before.
Long story short- nothing's changed...

April 27, 2021 at 3:50 pm #8637341

Alejandro
Supporter

I'm almost done with the migration and i'll contact you as soon as i have run the tests i needed to run (which i can't run on your site) 🙂

April 27, 2021 at 4:13 pm #8637567

bartoszW-3

Great, thank you! I'm looking forward to hearing more about the results of these tests 🙂

April 27, 2021 at 6:16 pm #8638301

Alejandro
Supporter

The problem is not caused by Divi or by WPML at all. the problem is being caused by another plugin.

As a next step, please acces the staging site --> hidden link (you can use your own credentials)

And enable the plugins that are left to enable and check if the problem returns. if it doesn't return then it was likely a priority load of any script or similar.

Weirdly enough, in the staging site i saw what seemed to be a member profile element that was a lot ot the left (that's why you see it blank in your site) so maybe that can give you a clue about what it was that was adding itself to the bottom of the page.

Let me know how it goes.

April 27, 2021 at 7:19 pm #8638617

bartoszW-3

Ok, we might be getting a bit closer to the solution but, unfortunately, I think it's not there yet ;). I've got a few things to mention:

1. The WPML plugin is definitely the one that causes the problem on my site. Before asking you for help I've also made some tests and after disabling all plugins (except the WPML one) the error remained. Only after disabling the main WPML plugin, the issue was gone.

2. I disabled the same plugins on my site as on your installation and nothing's changed (you can take a look yourself if you would like to).

3. After enabling the plugins you left me to enable on your installation, everything's fine with the gap at the bottom but another problem remains- in the very top bar of the site, there is a primary menu displayed instead of a secondary one. And again, after disabling the main WPML plugin on my site, everything was fine. So, even if the login element from the top nav goes to a weird place to the left it might happen because it was misplaced by the wrong menu in the top nav.

Anyway- your tests helped a bit to understand the potential causes of the issue but, unfortunately, didn't fix it yet on the original site. Don't get me wrong- I really appreciate your help and your support but I wouldn't have asked you about the issue if I wasn't 100% sure that the WPML plugin is responsible for the issue 🙂

Right now I am more and more sure that the issue is caused by the wrong menu at the very top of a page. Again- it happens only on the English version of the site...

April 28, 2021 at 8:06 am #8641569

Alejandro
Supporter

1) Here's the thing. in WordPress you hardly ever have "one" culprit because issues happen because of compatibility conflicts which means that the problem happens when there are 2 plugins enabled, which is the case here. if i disable only WPML then the problem goes away but the same applies if i disable the other plugins and leave WPML enabled.

so WPML might be 1 part of the equation and we need to find the other. weirdly even when i enable all the plugins again in the staging site, the problem doesn't appear anymore and i wonder if there might be a config that got erased or something?

2) You likely have cache on your site as well, maybe a server-side kind or cloudflare, etc. since otherwise the problem would've stayed in the staging site as well, which it didn't. (tis is just a theroy for now, though)

If that's the case, please flush it and disable it (or them if there are more than one) and rename the "cache" directory in your site's wp-content. ask your hosting to disable it if they have one as well.

3) where can i see the menu issue in the staging site? and what plugin created that menu? could it be the mega menu plugin?

-----------------

Is there a way you can create a staging site in your server so we can test directly there?

April 28, 2021 at 11:01 am #8643301
bartoszW-3

I really wish that after disabling and enabling all the plugins the issue goes away 😉

About the cache- when I refresh a site I usually use a Ctrl + Shift + R shortcut on Chrome just to make sure I don't see a cached version. Anyway, I did like you've said: I changed a cache folder name and disable all the server-side cache. None of this worked.

About the menu- I attached two screenshots of the very top nav of the site. You can see how it looks on the PL version and what occurred on the EN one. Instead of the secondary menu, the primary menu is being displayed there on the EN version, duplicating the main, primary menu below.

I've created a staging site on my server where you can do whatever you need to, it is an exact duplicate of the original one: hidden link
The credentials are obviously the same as the ones you already have.

Thank you in advance for keeping me updated 🙂

New threads created by Alejandro and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/menu-issue-on-divi-theme/

top_nav_PL.jpg
top_nav_EN.jpg