This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 6:31 pm

noamK-2

Hello,

1. Our website's main Language is English. Secondary is Hebrew - a right-to-left language.

2. We use Classic Translation Editor for translating all our content, except when it is required to use string translation.

3. WordPress version, theme version and all plugins are all up-to-date. Our theme - Consulting Theme by StylemixThemes, is on your list of compatible themes.

4. We use WPBakery page builder.

5. Our issue:

5.1 In Edit page mode, in English (a left-to-right language), when we set margins and paddings for column, text block element and other WPBakery elements, using the Design Options tab, they do not "translate" well to Hebrew - a right-to-left language.

5.2 For example: Left padding in English, remains left padding in Hebrew, although it should have flipped places with the right padding, so that left English padding becomes right Hebrew padding etc.

See for example this page: hidden link

Go to these 2 text blocks, each inside a separate column. hidden link . See the Design Options tab for each column. e.g. hidden link

Then, see the Designs Options tab of each text block - hidden link . E.g. hidden link

5. See the front-end of these 2 text block elements: In English hidden link and in Hebrew hidden link

How can we fix it so that Design Options tab settings on the English page, are translated properly to Hebrew?

Thank you,

Noam Kroll

September 25, 2019 at 9:33 am #4637249

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

The CSS code created by the Designs Options tab of each element is inline, which means that it will be printed along with the HTML and not in a CSS file apart.

In this case I recommend you to two ways to solve this issue:
1.- When you finish translating the page/post add the CSS code manually by switching languages in the admin menu in the top bar -> Click on 'Edit Anyways' button -> Change the CSS options in each element.

2.- Use the 'Page settings' option of visual composer (the wheel that appears in the blue bar above the content, at the far right) and add the CSS code there, make sure this custom field is set to 'translatable' and when you translate the page using the Translation Editor you will find this field and you will be able to translate it.

Kind regards,
Carlos