This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ALEJANDRO 7 years ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
September 25, 2012 at 7:07 am #76799

ALEJANDRO

I managed to set up WPML to different domains for two different languages.
The problem is: The english version (www.alejandrogallego.net) that used to have the exact same aspect that the spanish version (www.alejandrogallego.es) when set up in the same domain, after setting it up in a different domain is a bit messed up. Can you have a look at them and point me in the right direction to solve it?

September 25, 2012 at 7:56 am #76807

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello ALEJANDRO,

I had a look at both hidden link and hidden link and the only differense between the two I can see is that the cufon font replacement takes effect only on the Spanish version main menu and not on the English version.

I have send you screenshots of what I see.

Could you tell me please if this is the problem you are referring to?

Thanks.

September 25, 2012 at 7:59 am #76808

ALEJANDRO

Thanks for the reply.
There are more problems.
1) The footer in the english version doesn´t display social icons (it's a web font)
2) problems with line heights and typography in inner pages (services, brand identity, etc)

September 25, 2012 at 8:38 am #76819

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Alejandro,

can you please send me temporary FTP and wp-admin login credentials to your installation? Please send the information to [email]

Thank you.

September 25, 2012 at 1:49 pm #76901

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Thank you Alejandro, I got the login details and I am looking into the issue right now. Will get back to you here as soon as I have an update.

September 26, 2012 at 9:30 am #77030

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Alejandro,

the web font that you use for the social icons in your footer loads just fine now.

I added the following function in your theme's functions.php

/* // added by WPML support */	
add_filter('template_directory_uri', 'adjust_domain');
function adjust_domain($url) {
  global $sitepress;
  return $sitepress->convert_url($url);
}
/* //\ added by WPML support */	

This basically filters the output of get_bloginfo('template_directory') so that all your assets (css and js files) load from the correct domain.

i.e. from .es when you view the Spanish version and from .net when you view the English version

This however does not solve the cufon issue which you see on the navigation menu and on your inner pages. I am investigating this further.

September 26, 2012 at 12:27 pm #77058

ALEJANDRO

Thank you so much for solving the footer issue, 🙂 I'm looking forward to hearing a solution for the other problem. I'll wait.

September 27, 2012 at 8:17 am #77175

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Alejandro,

Just to keep you updated here a little.

I could not find any reason why the cufon file fails to take effect on the .net domain so I passed the issue on to second level support.

I was told that they could also not find what the problem is so they will establish contact with the theme author to see if he may be able to shed some light on the issue.

I will keep you posted.

September 27, 2012 at 8:25 am #77180

ALEJANDRO

Thank you.
I had contacted the theme support in the first place but they told me to contact WPML.
I hope they can find the solution.

October 1, 2012 at 8:52 am #77730

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Alejandro,

OK, try this: Regenerate your DINPro fonts using the "Font Generate" wizard: hidden link

When you come down to the option: "Security: Limit usage to the following domain(s)" make sure you enter:

hidden link, hidden link

Generate your font and upload it inside to 'fonts' directory of the typography plugin.

Let's see if this resolves the issue.

October 2, 2012 at 12:27 pm #77945

ALEJANDRO

It worked!
The tricky thing: Domains in Cufon Generator should be entered without the http://
I needed to do it twice.
Now it's working great.

Thanks a lot! Really good support. 🙂

The topic ‘[Closed] CSS Problems in WPML with different domains’ is closed to new replies.