This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by sarah.n 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
August 7, 2013 at 1:17 pm #152741

Tim

Heya,

I'm using a plugin to insert/delete posts based on a csv file. When I add the posts through the plugin, they appear under the main language like they are supposed to. The problem starts with the categories that I added based on a specific column in the csv file. Allthough they do appear when I'm on the overview of the main language posts, they aren't properly listed in the categories view. I assume this is because the imported posts don't have a properly assigned language yet.

Once I update the posts, they seem to have proper language and the categories appear accordingly under the categories view.

Is there a way to call this automatically after the import, something like updating/syncing the database with the wpml plugin?

Additionally, when posts are being deleted through the CSV plugin, the main language post disappears (as it is supposed to) but the duplicated posts in the other languages still exist. I guess this is because the wpml plugin uses different tables to keep track of the posts than then core wordpress save/delete functionality. Is there a way to call this functions from outside the plugin? Like whenever the CSV plugin adds/deletes records it just calls the wpml functions?

The plugin I use is called WP Import all (hidden link).

Thanks for any help.

August 7, 2013 at 8:57 pm #152907

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear Tim,

I'm not sure, I'll ask my teammates if that is possible.

Soon I come back with the answer.

Thank you.

August 9, 2013 at 7:02 am #153238

Tim

Thanks for the support Bruno.

August 12, 2013 at 7:34 am #153822

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Tim,

This is Sarah here. Bruno has forwarded your ticket to me so I will be assisting you from here.

Regarding what you wrote here: "Allthough they do appear when I'm on the overview of the main language posts, they aren't properly listed in the categories view."

Do the categories appear in the categories view when you go under "WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting" and click on "Set language information"?

About: "Additionally, when posts are being deleted through the CSV plugin, the main language post disappears (as it is supposed to) but the duplicated posts in the other languages still exist."

I wonder if enabling "When deleting a post, delete translations as well" under "WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup -> Posts and pages synchronization" will help here. Could you try this please and let me know?

The topic ‘[Closed] CSV import to post compatibility’ is closed to new replies.