This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Kristof 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Cristina.

Author Posts
April 27, 2018 at 8:27 am #1854024

Kristof

Yesterday, when we tried to update WooCommerce Multilingual from 4.2.9. to 4.2.10 it failed (don't remember the error). After that we received received 500 server errors for all pages on hidden link so we updated the plugin manually via ftp and that seemed to resolve the issue.
Today our client informed us that the 500 error pages showed again so we looked into the logs and we saw:

[26-Apr-2018 12:05:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 45001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received in /home/tomsgate/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:1404
Stack trace:
#0 /home/tomsgate/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php(1920): WP_Installer->fetch_subscription_data('wpml', 'rnTKFlFFJO', 2)
#1 /home/tomsgate/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WP_Installer->download_plugin_ajax_handler('')
#2 /home/tomsgate/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#3 /home/tomsgate/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/tomsgate/public_html/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php(97): do_action('wp_ajax_install...')
#5 {main}
  thrown in /home/tomsgate/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php on line 1404

When we saw 'subscription', we went to the WPML in our admin to check for updates, there we got the same cURL error. So we disconnected our admin from WPML and tried to reregister. Still cURL error.

We have found another article which connects this error to a YITH plugin, we have a different one, the Whishlist, but it might cause the same issue. If we disable it, problem on the frontend seems gone, but we still cannot register our plugin in the admin.

Update: we just noticed this new entry in our debug.log

[27-Apr-2018 08:24:45 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: version in /home/tomsgate/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/loader.php on line 95
April 27, 2018 at 9:33 am #1856262

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

While waiting that one of my teammates takes care of your case, can you please try disabling the "Keep wpml.org up-to-date about which theme and plugins I use" option and try again to register the site?

Let us know if it helps.
Andrés

April 27, 2018 at 9:40 am #1856325

Kristof

That fixed the cURL issue indeed.
Now we just need to investigate the compat issues with the YITH plugin(s).

April 29, 2018 at 6:37 pm #1885926

Cristina

Hello Krystof,

thanks for contacting and sorry for the delays.

As I understand, the problem with the cURL errors is solved, but you have problems with the YITH plugins.

As the 500 errors may have been related to the activation issue I would need some more information about the problems with the Wishlist plugin.

There are several compatible YITH plugins and other that have presented issues at some point.

The Wishlist premium plugin is compatible according to our list, but it was tested last time about five months ago.

Could you give me some more details about what problem occurs when the Wishlist YITH plugin is active? That way I would try to reproduce on a test install and escalate it to the developers to check, unless it worked and then I would need more details about your specific setup.

These are the compatible YITH plugins at this moment:

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=128016&wpv_post_search=&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Kind regards,
Cristina

May 7, 2018 at 8:15 am #2005147

Kristof

We have updated WC Multilangue plugin to latest version on Dev and we have these intermittent 500 server errors. When we disable the YITH whishlist plugin, they are gone. hidden link

May 8, 2018 at 3:40 pm #2035495

Cristina

Hello Kristof,

I am escalating this problem to the second level support.

But in order for the colleagues to be able to understand what is going on I would need some more specific information, either a duplicate to check or the debug.log and error information to try to reproduce this problem.

In our test server the plugin does not get these problem, so we need to able to reproduce or check some information on that.

I am enabling the private reply box for your next reply, so I can pass along some more details about this.

Kind regards,
Cristina

May 15, 2018 at 1:50 pm #2140583

Cristina

Hello Kristof,

thanks for the credentials, I could log into the FTP and get the debug log, but the login for the wordpress admin did not work, I got three errors and now its forbidden access.

Could you check the password for that user?

Thanks and kind regards,
Cristina

May 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm #2141345

Cristina

Hello Kristof,

thanks, I am blocked after my previous failed logins, my colleague checked that the login works, but I am on a blacklist I suppose. (current IP is 83.42.96.31)

Kind regards and sorry,
Cristina

May 15, 2018 at 2:28 pm #2142099

Kristof

i have removed your ip from the blacklist

May 15, 2018 at 6:21 pm #2146084

Cristina

Hello Kristof,

I have been looking at the dev site and got a few 500 errors while sneaking around.

Then I enabled the Wishlist plugin and started visiting the shop pages and adding items to the cart in both languages, emptying the cart and adding again, going to checkout and changing languages.

I did not get any 500 error while doing this with YiTH Wishlist enabled.

There are some warnings on the page, that may be related to not finding something:

The product permalink base is not translated to dutch

WooCommerce Multilingual multicurrency is enabled and also the country based prices and currencies from a plugin

The site uses only 1000 max input vars. As there are some routines going on like Amazon, and you also are using Types, multicurrency and several WooCommerce Plugins, this could be a very adjusted value. If you have the option to increase it to 3.000 or 5.000 you will go smoother.

In the YITH WooCommerce Wishlist plugin there is no page for the wishlist selected.

I am not sure if the 500 errors are only caused by the YiTh plugin.

Anyway, I have escalated this to the colleagues of the second level support to see if the debug log information and the error information throws some light on that. There is an ongoing warning about Types that I have raised attention too.

As soon as I have some feedback I will come back to you.

Kind regards,
Cristina

May 18, 2018 at 7:20 am #2187247

Cristina

Hello Kristof,

my colleagues had a look at this and in the debug log there are only two fatal errors that are not related to the YITH plugins.

[08-May-2018 13:17:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'classes/class-wc-swatch-term.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php71/pear') in /home/tomsgate/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-variation-swatches-and-photos/woocommerce-swatches-main.php on line 12
[08-May-2018 13:17:59 UTC] PHP Warning:  require(classes/class-wc-swatch-term.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tomsgate/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-variation-swatches-and-photos/woocommerce-swatches-main.php on line 12
[08-May-2018 13:17:59 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'classes/class-wc-swatch-term.php' However, that is not related to YITH plugins.

There are a lot more regular errors thrown from MySQL like this:

WordPress database error The size of BLOB/TEXT data inserted in one transaction is greater than 10% of redo log size

That is usually an error that can be fixed by increasing that log size.

Also it seems you have the plugin 'Better WordPress Security' / 'Ithemes Security' . That plugin keeps logs of queries that are probably stored in your database and may be limiting or killing some important queries and conflicting with other site functionalities, causing these errors.

So the problem may occur when you have the wishlist plugin active, but it may not be the cause for the intermittent 500 errors. If these are caused by some temporary overload of information somewhere else they might happen as soon as the site needs more resources than are available at that moment.

Kind regards,
Cristina

August 12, 2019 at 2:21 pm #4381629

Kristof

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!