This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: We are seeing a cURL error on our site after activating WPML.

Solution: It could be that your Hosting Provider is blocking the WPML Installer, so it is generating an error.

We have two different calls being made so that installer can run update WPML and Toolset plugins. Amazon Cloud service the initial URL would be: http://d2salfytceyqoe.cloudfront.net/ and the IP is 54.192.129.188(note that this being an external service the IP can change, we have no control over it ). The other is to the WPML specific API with the following IP: 74.50.57.24. Please ask your hosting provider to make sure that these are not blocked. Then, retry the steps you were doing leading up to the error and let me know if the issue persists.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 14, 2018 at 7:10 pm #2126209

virginieD-4

Bonjour, j'ai un bug, j'ai ceci comme élément :

2018-05-14 18:53:164826 index wp_error wpml-config/config-index.json
code: http_request_failed
message: cURL error 28: Resolving timed out after 5515 milliseconds

et ceci dans la page des mise à jour :
installer ne peut contacter notre serveur de mises à jour pour obtenir des informations concernant les produits disponibles et rechercher de nouvelles versions. Si vous voyez ce message pour la première fois, vous pouvez l'ignorer, car il se peut qu'il s'agisse seulement d'un problème de communication temporaire. Si le problème persiste et que votre admin. WordPress ralentit, vous pouvez désactiver les vérifications de version automatisée. Ajoutez la ligne suivante à votre fichier wp-config.php :

define("OTGS_DISABLE_AUTO_UPDATES", true);

May 16, 2018 at 12:08 am #2148545

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. You have submitted this ticket on the English forum, so I will be replying in English. If you prefer to reply in French, just let me know and I can transfer this ticket to a French speaking supporter.

If I understand correctly, you are getting a cURL error on your site. Can you please tell me what you are doing leading up to this error?

It could be that your Hosting Provider is blocking the WPML Installer, so it is generating an error.

We have two different calls being made so that installer can run update WPML and Toolset plugins. Amazon Cloud service the initial URL would be: hidden link and the IP is 54.192.129.188(note that this being an external service the IP can change, we have no control over it ). The other is to the WPML specific API with the following IP: 74.50.57.24. Please ask your hosting provider to make sure that these are not blocked. Then, retry the steps you were doing leading up to the error and let me know if the issue persists.