This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Samuel Kempf 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 1, 2019 at 9:37 pm #4493343

Samuel Kempf

Hello

There are some great plugins to display the currency by country (ip based).

However, as soon as I add wpml and implement a second language, the loading times of the page become unbearable.

Are you aware of this issue? are there known (currency) plugins that have this problem under control?

IS there any setting at wpml level that I can use to avoid this increase of loadtime?

Any caching settings?

Thanks Sam

September 2, 2019 at 10:15 am #4496131

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Sam,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me what's the plugin that you're using to display the currency based on the county, please? Here you can find a list of all the WPML compatible plugins https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/. If the plugin you're using is not a part of it, there might be some compatibility issues between that plugin and WPML.

Regarding the loading time, is this an issue even after deactivating all the plugin except for WPML? This might be caused by some other compatibility between WPML and some 3rd party plugin (or even the theme that you're using). Please let me know if deactivating all the plugins not related to WPML makes any difference in terms of loading time.

Thanks,
Radu

September 10, 2019 at 1:01 pm #4545527

Samuel Kempf

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!