This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 11:38 pm #4556763

fong-sanN

Hi,

After I update my WPML version few days ago, I found something weird happened to my website, it couldn't work in multi currencies proper.

I got a customer placed order with EUR and my PayPal also have currencies with EUR, but the order note complain the currencies do not match EUR code, and change the order to on hold. However, I can see the payment transaction on this order in my PayPal account.

https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/tmp/error_message_1.jpg

Also, in the Item list, the currency code be change from €(EUR) to $(USD).

Please help to take a look.

September 12, 2019 at 1:40 pm #4561361

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Is there a way for you to setup a staging site so that we can investigate/test this issue without affecting your live site?

Once I can confirm the issue and how to replicate it reliably, I can then escalate it directly to our 2nd tier group.

We normally use the Duplicator plugin to copy sites...would this be an option to create a duplciate of your install on the same server?

Thanks

September 13, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4569791

fong-sanN

Hi,
How do I share the staging site?

September 14, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4572753

fong-sanN

By the way, I am thinking to revert back my WPML version until you have this issue debugged at your side, does this work?

September 16, 2019 at 3:55 pm #4582405

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I am opening the private area here for connection details to your staging site.

I would recommend first trying to downgrade the staging site to make sure there are no unforseen/undesireable consequences of downgrading...or at least make a full system backup that you are comfortable restoring. That way, if there is something unexpected you can get back to a known state.

But in short, yes, I would think it might be worth a try to downgrade until the issue is resolved on your staging site.

September 17, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4588753

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Can you please recheck the username/password you provided? I am not able to login when I cut&paste what you sent into the login screen.

Please let me know when I can try again. I am opening the private area once more in case you need to provide new ones.

September 18, 2019 at 1:57 pm #4597283

Yvette
Supporter

To see the error, am I required to complete the transaction with a paypal account?
Do you have a test account that I can use?

Otherwise, how can I see this error - is it only happening when paying with Paypal?

September 18, 2019 at 3:19 pm #4597961

fong-sanN

Hi,

That doesn't work with paypay sandbox account, because the order will still get on hold because I am using the paypal sandbox facilitator account.
Anyway, I tried to make a transaction by myself on real account, the order goes through smoothly, so it seems like resolve by itself.
Sorry for noise and thanks for help.

September 18, 2019 at 4:40 pm #4599123

Yvette
Supporter

Oh! Good news then - thanks for letting me know. I will close this ticket.