Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
February 12, 2019 at 11:20 am #3188075

mohammedB-5

hi dear
please i have two issues

1- in the wpml currency switcher, when i use for example currency like (saudi riyal) and i use paypal , it will give this message in the checkout

PayPal error (10605): An error (10605) occurred while processing your PayPal payment. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

so, why WPML not doing something like (woocommerce currency switcher), they are using any currency in the website , but in the checkout page , the currency will be US Dollar and the price will be approximately shown also in the other currency like saudi riyal.
so why you do not do like them !!!?

2- the 2nd issue , also they have system to choose the currency based on the country, why you do not have this system ???!!

you are professional company , and we are using your plugins for translating the websites , But in the same time you are preventing us to use the above mentioned techniques , that will not help me in the online store , because issue like this , all customers will run away.

so please i expect you will fix these issues ,

3- by the way , i cannot update your plugin now , because i updated before and i had so many problems so i restored the website.

hope you can fix all of these issues

February 13, 2019 at 2:17 pm #3194576

Amit
Supporter

Hi there,

Looking at your debug information I can see you are running older versions of our plugins, please update WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual and see if that resolves the problems, if it does not come back please and we'll help you fix that.

Thanks!

February 18, 2019 at 8:26 am #3210501

mohammedB-5

Ok all are updated
please check all the issues
i need solutions please !

February 18, 2019 at 8:56 am #3210608

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

The error message is not caused by WPML but by the fact that the Saudi Riyal is not supported by Paypal. See: hidden link

You may try a solution like the one shown in this old thread to disable Paypal for the unsupported currency:
- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/multi-currencypypal-option-not-available-for-my-secondary-currency/#post-1056020
❌Please note that the code is old and is supplied "AS IS" without any warranties and support.

I would also suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
https://wpml.org/contractors/

You will get the custom code you need to get on with your project.

About the second question, the best way to send a feature request is by using this form:
- https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Please let me know if you need further details.

Kind regards,
Vincenzo