This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
June 24, 2019 at 9:02 am

travelafrique

We are to change the currency shown on our website based on the toplevel domain. We have multilingual website based on WPML. We are using English on travelafrique.com and German on travelafrique.ch

Soon we'll be using French on fr.travelafrique.ch

The issue we are facing now is that on .com the site should display $ (USD) and on .ch it should display CHF (Swiss Francs). We are using a WPML compatible theme, called Travel Tour Theme (hidden link)

The theme doesn't provide a built in mutil currency feature, that's why I'm trying to use the WPML shortcode, to translate strings (e.g [wpml-string context="currency" name="dollar"]$[/wpml-string]) but whenever I use it, it the string isn't being translatet but it's showing the whole shortcode as currency.

I used the shortcode already on multiple fields and it worked only when it comes to this currency issue, it doesn't work.

We would greatly appreaciate if you could help us. Thank you in advance.

June 25, 2019 at 4:06 am #4081251

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

You can configure the currency per language and show it accordingly, more details here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#configuring-currencies-per-language

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

June 25, 2019 at 9:59 am #4083009

travelafrique

Please read my issue again. We don't have woocommerce. The solutions you are proposing won't work.

June 25, 2019 at 10:10 am #4083097

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I am sorry for this inconvenience.

So you are setting the currency using this option field, could you please let me know how can I find the options in the backend of your site? A link will work.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Currency change based on toplevel domain’ is closed to new replies.