Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to set up the Euro currency for different countries on their WooCommerce site, such as France, Germany, and Italy, with different shipping fees for each. They encountered an issue where they could not create multiple instances of the Euro currency for different countries using the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin.
Solution:
We explained that if the currency is set based on the Site Language, only one currency per language can be configured. However, by basing the currency on the client's location, it's possible to assign a specific currency to multiple countries. We recommended using the geolocation feature, which allows users from specific countries to see the corresponding currency. For detailed steps on setting this up, we advised checking the guide on multi-currency support in WooCommerce.

If this solution does not apply to your case, or if it seems outdated, we highly recommend opening a new support ticket. Additionally, please check related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, feel free to contact us at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
June 23, 2024 at 6:46 am #15792131

danahK

Background of the issue:
I am trying to setup currency on my site hidden link.

Symptoms:
No specific issue or error message mentioned.

Questions:
Hi- I am trying setup EU currency for different countries.

For example, I want to setup Euro twice or more, because many different countries use EU currency, such as France, German, Finland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg and so on. We offer different shipping fees on different countrries with the same currency.
So I should manually create EU Currency for France, EU Currency for German, EU Currency for Italy and so on.
When I create EU currency in France, I cannot Create more EU currency in German, or Italy.

Do you guys offer or know how to set up for this issue?

June 24, 2024 at 10:57 am #15805933

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand what you're looking for. If the currency is configured to appear based on the Site Language(Screenshot: hidden link), you can set one currency per language only. Currently, the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin does not have the feature to assign a particular currency to multiple countries.

However, if you choose to base the currency on the client's location, you'll be able to set a specific currency for multiple countries. Users with geolocation from those specific countries will see the corresponding currency. Please check this screenshot for a better understanding: hidden link

Please check this guide for more details: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#currencies-per-location

If the Geolocation option works for you, feel free to configure it by following the guide mentioned above. However, if you're looking to set one currency for multiple languages, unfortunately, that is not possible at the moment. It will be a feature request.

I hope this explanation is clear. I apologize for not being able to provide the exact solution you're looking for, but please let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with. I'm here to help and would be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

July 2, 2024 at 7:06 am #15872983

danahK

Thanks, I fully understand.

danahK confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-02 07:06:11.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.