This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christianS-94 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 4, 2018 at 2:54 pm #2703780

christianS-94

Hello!

I love your plugin, we have been using it for a few sites for years now. We've been making a new site and we used to have a currency switcher plugin, but I noticed that you also have one now. I tried adding it to our primary menu, but the result is... less than perfect.

The language switcher integrates seamlessly into ubermenu, and after looking at your code to see how it was done, I realized that you simply did not provide this level of integration with the currency switcher, so I have to add it manually as a widget and it breaks everything. Is there something that can be done about that?

Help would be appreciated.

September 4, 2018 at 9:08 pm #2704736

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

I'm not sure if this should work as expected, but you can also use the shortcode to test: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#currency-switcher-shortcode

Please, could you test and verify if this works as expected?

Thank you.

September 4, 2018 at 10:06 pm #2704792

christianS-94

As you can see in this screenshot, the currency switcher still looks ugly when inserted as a shortcode, rather than a widget. It would probably look good if it would take the Ubermenu styling.

September 5, 2018 at 2:32 pm #2707596

Bruno
Supporter

It will probably be necessary to style this with CSS. I'm not sure why original CSS of the WooCommerce Multilingual is not being applied. To be able to verify this, please could you create a copy of your website and send me so that I can see it in my testing environment?

You can use the Duplicator plugin to make a copy of your site and host it on some service with Google Drive or Dropbox and then send me the link for me to download. This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

September 5, 2018 at 3:03 pm #2707747

christianS-94

Would it be easier with a temporary access to the site? This is only a template multisite, but there's a lot of customization that might not work when ported over, such as the use of an external database for user tracking, since it's based of a legacy system. I don't mind if you go snoop around, it's not live yet.

September 5, 2018 at 9:14 pm #2708774

Bruno
Supporter

Sure, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

September 7, 2018 at 1:23 am #2712468

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I'm not aware of how you configure this element so that the content appears on the front end. I can make the label appear, but not the content.

By UberMenu documentation, it should only be necessary to add the content in the specified field and this should be displayed, but the content is added and the content is not displayed.

Please, could you explain, step by step, how this menu is configured for the content to be displayed?

Thank you.

September 7, 2018 at 7:17 pm #2715791

christianS-94

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a hook on the child theme that switches the primary menu depending on whether you are logged in or not. gap-visitor-menu is the one displayed when you are not logged in, and gap-client-menu is the one displayed when you are logged in.

I just added the currency switcher to gap-client-menu, you should now see it on every page, no matter if you're logged it or not (Except on the login/my-account page, where the menu element is there but strangely empty)

September 11, 2018 at 2:46 am #2722084

Bruno
Supporter

Thanks, but unfortunately I still can not understand how you're adding this menu item.

I downloaded the Duplicator from your site and installed it in my testing environment. Then I copied the "UberMenu" plugin for a new installation to replicate the problem again. Following the steps of the "UberMenu" documentation, it should only be necessary to add the shortcode code (in this case the currency switcher) and the menu should be displayed.

This is not happening. On your site, I see that the currency selector is being displayed in the menu, but I do not understand how this selector is added in your menu.

Please, could you tell me what steps you are taking to add this language selector to the menu after adding this code in "UberMenu"?

Thank you.

September 11, 2018 at 3:38 pm #2724501

christianS-94

There's nothing special that's been done, but here's a video of how it's done.

hidden link

September 11, 2018 at 6:37 pm #2724935

christianS-94

Wait a moment. I had edited a file in the plugin.

If you look in my:

woocommerce-multilingual/templates/currency-switchers/legacy-dropdown/

You see that there's a template.twig and template.twigold, the original file. Restoring template.twig from template.twigold restores the look of the currently switcher to how it's supposed to be... but it still looks very ugly. (As seen in the image)

September 13, 2018 at 6:20 am #2730186

Bruno
Supporter

Sorry for the delay. I've tried multiple times to test this menu, but unfortunately, the currency selector is not displayed in UberMenu.

I'm not sure if you've changed any other part of WPML, such as the styles for this to work on your site. In a fresh installation, the currency selector is added but is not displayed (though it is added). We need to test on a fresh installation to replicate the problem by isolating the issue.

Please, could you configure UberMenu so that the currency selector is displayed? To do this, just go to the URL of our test environment and configure the UberMenu (the WPML is already configured with the WooCommerce Multilingual): hidden link

Also, from what I understood of your messages, you only need to stylize this menu or create a new one and then stylize it like you were doing.

You may be able to use even the UberMenu classes and configure the custom menu again, as seen in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/designing-custom-currency-switchers-using-template-files/. For this reason, I'm not sure if this is a compatibility issue or just a matter of styles.

Thank you.

September 13, 2018 at 3:14 pm #2732170

christianS-94

I've messed around your test site, and it looks like it doesn't display properly because of a conflict with the Twenty Seventeen theme you have.

Look at this screenshoot where I disabled some Twenty Seventeen CSS on the ul element (left and position) and suddenly the dropbox appears. So it's not a problem with Ubermenu, but merely a styling issue. But clearly you managed to do it properly with the way you inject the language switcher into the menu, so the same should be possible with your currency switcher. It seems like a feature is lacking in WPML somewhere.

Also, as a side test, I installed UsageDD and checked the speed of your demo site. I only get that kind of speed on my server with my x theme with no plugin enabled, but you seem to have like, Woocommerce, and all the other heavy hitters, things that slow down my site to a crawl as soon as they're enabled, and your demo site seems to be doing quite well despite it. I wish I could know your secrets. Our user experience suffers so much from extremely slow load times. If you know some resources you could point me to for that sort of issue, that would be much appreciated.

September 18, 2018 at 5:31 am #2743598

Bruno
Supporter

Sorry for the delay. Thank you. On the language selector, I'll contact our compatibility team so they can check this out.

To ensure that this plugin is made compatible with WPML we need to contact the plugin author and work with him on resolving the issue.

I have forwarded the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Our Compatibility Team will work with the author of the plugin for this to work properly.

Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

About the performance question, we use the service to test these public sites: hidden link. If your site has a performance problem, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

October 10, 2018 at 6:40 pm #2805458

christianS-94

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!