Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
October 1, 2022 at 2:33 pm

renkoS

The issue only occurs when connected by VPN to NL but the currency setting on WPML is set to "site language".

There are global currencies declared inside WC settings too

Need to take a copy and test in minimal setup.

October 1, 2022 at 4:01 pm
October 2, 2022 at 4:11 am #12162855

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

The issue is behaving differently on localhost.

On the local copy of your website, the currency switcher is not working at all, even without a VPN from the Netherlands.

First, at WooCommerce > Settings > Multi-Currency, I deleted all enabled currencies, as they are not even used on the site.

I also disabled the option "Automatically switch customers to their local currency if it has been enabled".

I proceeded with testing on the English archive page for 4VOO while using the Language URL format "Language in directories" in order to find out if the issue might be related to "Different Domains per language".

According to your WCML settings, all currencies should be available in English, which indeed is the case, but the currencies still do not switch on my test.

I then tested only with WooCommerce and WPML, String Translation, and WCML and it worked as expected.

The issue occurred again once I enabled the plugin "WooCommerce Payments" which further appears to be the plugin that adds a new Multi-Currency Feature directly to WooCommerce and breaks the functionality of WooCommerce Multilingual & Multi-Currency.

I can therefore only suggest to deactivate the WooCommerce Payments Multilingual Feature here: /wp-admin/admin.php?page=wc-settings&tab=checkout&section=woocommerce_payments

See screenshot.

The issue has been escalating towards our compatibility team and I will keep you updated as soon I receive more feedback from our team.

Best regards
Andreas

disable.png
October 4, 2022 at 10:35 pm #12181115

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please take note that we published this Errata regarding the issue that you're experiencing:

https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-payments-multi-currency-switcher-not-changing-correctly-on-the-front-end/

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.