Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
April 27, 2017 at 4:14 am #1262851

mohamedl

I am trying to: currency switcher in a widget

URL of (my) website where problem appears:precious-spider.w2.poopy.life

I expected to see: currency switcher

Instead, I got: nothing loads a bit, but when when the page is finished loading it "disappears"

and please no typical answer, i already tried with a default template, and without other plugins and its the same, admin is wpml and pass is 2bKr(!e1Qn1MhmSx7U#RY3!L thanks

April 27, 2017 at 10:49 am #1263179

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello.

I´ll be helping you with this problem. I connected to your test site and I could see that the currency switcher is "present" but hidden by CSS (see image).

Am I allowed to do testing on this site freely? (e.g. change themes, delete and redefine switchers...etc) I know you don´t want to hear that this can be a theme issue, but it might be theme related. ; )

However, I can see that I am unable to access the details of the currency switcher so I will not discard that it is a WPML issue at the root. (see other image)

What I would propose is to do the following:
1. Temporarily change your active theme to Twenty Fourteen
2. With this theme active, please remove the existing switcher -> Save.
3. Now redefine a new widget switcher and save.
4. Are you able to see the details of the switcher you just defined when you try to edit it? At the moment, for example, I only get a blank pop-up.
5. If you can see the details of the switcher, then please re-activate your normal theme and see if things change at all.

Thanks for your feedback.

April 27, 2017 at 11:09 am #1263217

mohamedl

you can edit whether you want, and theres no switcher because the revolution slider is activated, thought you knew about this bug in wpml multilingual tho !?

thanks again for your help

April 27, 2017 at 1:43 pm #1263416

Yvette
Supporter

Hello.

No, I did not know about that slider issue - so thanks!

1. Default Theme
You wrote: " i already tried with a default template, and without other plugins and its the same, "

When I activate Twenty Seventeen, with a widget currency switcher added to the footer -
it appears as expected. (see image).

The same footer switcher in your active theme h the same problem as as the one in your header. It is hidden. (see image).

This suggests a conflict with your theme styling. Do you agree?

2. Compatibility status of Globe theme

I´ve checked in our internal system and can see that we attempted to contact the author about various compatibility issues since 2015 but they never responded. Earlier this month, we finally closed the internal work order and marked the work as obsolete including the note that the author never responded.

Conclusion: I´m sorry, but this does not appear to work for compatibility reasons. You will have to contact the theme author to see if they will be willing to respond to our requests to collaborate.

April 27, 2017 at 2:23 pm #1263464

mohamedl

I've sent them an email, but is there a way to fix the display first since even with macman.ma i have similar issue, i put the code for the widget to remove the empty space

thnksa a lot

April 27, 2017 at 5:54 pm #1263710

Yvette
Supporter

It is out of the support policy to fix or adjust code that is not written by our own development team. (see image). Our focus in the support forum is to find/resolve bugs with our own code and to make sure our clients are not having system downtime due these bugs.

Read more here: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

The macman.ma site is yours? The currency switcher looks ok there! Perhaps you can implement the same solution?

April 27, 2017 at 7:21 pm #1263772

mohamedl

yes but it still have the empty space in the language currency switcher, and i put a certain css code but it doesn't change anything

April 27, 2017 at 9:05 pm #1263827

Yvette
Supporter

I see. Well it looks nice.

If you do hear back from the author, please let us know so that we can reach out to them once more to resolve the list of issues that are pending to resolve with the theme.

I´m sorry to not be able to be of more help to you.

The topic ‘[Closed] currency switcher not showing correctly’ is closed to new replies.