This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Oscar Miras 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Oscar Miras.

Author Posts
March 21, 2019 at 11:04 pm #3427641

tonyL-9

I am trying to:
Activate Multi currency with automatic exchange rates.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:
Working automatic exchange rates.

Instead, I got:
Error message "You have entered an incorrect API Access Key" instead of working automatic exchange rates.

March 22, 2019 at 10:55 am #3439533

Oscar Miras

Hi,

I’m afraid this is a known bug related to the Woocommerce Multilingual plugin.
Fortunately, the development team is already working on it.

I will inform you when this is fixed. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Oscar.

March 22, 2019 at 11:36 am #3439957

tonyL-9

Hi,

Thats a pretty serious bug. Are there any estimated time when this going to be patched?

March 22, 2019 at 3:17 pm #3441767

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't assure an estimated time. It really depends on development time.

You have some workarounds, tough.

The safer way is to use a fixed exchange rate.

There if a workaround if you may use the Fixer.io model exchange, but it implies modifying a PHP file. If you feel confident doing it, please, perform a full backup of your site before making any changes. Then, go to Plugins > Edit Plugins. Select the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin and browse to classes/multi-currency/exchange-rate-services/class-wcml-exchange-rates-fixerio.php

In line 11, change the first “%s” by your API Key. So for example, if your API key is _ADD_YOUR_KEY_, you should end up with a line of code like this:

private $api_url = '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>';

Save plugin changes and try it.

At the moment, there is no workaround for the Currencylayer model, so I’m afraid I can’t provide a workaround for that service.

In any case, I will personally inform you when there is a new version which solves the problem.

Kind regards,
Oscar.

March 23, 2019 at 4:19 pm #3446791

Oscar Miras

Hello,

It has been confirmed that this bug in Woocommerce Multilingual will be fixed in the next release.

We do not know the exact time yet, but I will notify you as soon as it happens.

Thank you for your patience.

Óscar.

March 25, 2019 at 10:02 am #3451419

tonyL-9

I understand.

Can you provide a patch until the next version of WPML is released? We need a fix within two days.

Thanks in advance.

March 25, 2019 at 11:59 am #3453025

Oscar Miras

Hello,

Welcome back to the WPML support team.

I’m afraid that there is no confirmed workaround yet for the CurrencyLayer model, so I can not provide you with a patch.

I’m really sorry for the inconvenience. I will notify you as soon as the new WCML version is available.

Best wishes,
Oscar.

April 3, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3526941

Oscar Miras

Hi,

There is a new version for the WCML plugin which fixes the Currenylayer bug.

Please, update your Woocommerce Multilanguage plugin. There is a new version for the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin, make sure you update it too.

Thank you for your patience.

Best wishes,
Oscar.