If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Oscar Miras 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Oscar Miras.

Author Posts
March 21, 2019 at 11:04 pm #3427641

tonyL-9

I am trying to:
Activate Multi currency with automatic exchange rates.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:
Working automatic exchange rates.

Instead, I got:
Error message "You have entered an incorrect API Access Key" instead of working automatic exchange rates.

March 22, 2019 at 10:55 am #3439533

Oscar Miras

Hi,

I’m afraid this is a known bug related to the Woocommerce Multilingual plugin.
Fortunately, the development team is already working on it.

I will inform you when this is fixed. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Oscar.

March 22, 2019 at 11:36 am #3439957

tonyL-9

Hi,

Thats a pretty serious bug. Are there any estimated time when this going to be patched?

March 22, 2019 at 3:17 pm #3441767

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't assure an estimated time. It really depends on development time.

You have some workarounds, tough.

The safer way is to use a fixed exchange rate.

There if a workaround if you may use the Fixer.io model exchange, but it implies modifying a PHP file. If you feel confident doing it, please, perform a full backup of your site before making any changes. Then, go to Plugins > Edit Plugins. Select the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin and browse to classes/multi-currency/exchange-rate-services/class-wcml-exchange-rates-fixerio.php

In line 11, change the first “%s” by your API Key. So for example, if your API key is _ADD_YOUR_KEY_, you should end up with a line of code like this:

private $api_url = '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>';

Save plugin changes and try it.

At the moment, there is no workaround for the Currencylayer model, so I’m afraid I can’t provide a workaround for that service.

In any case, I will personally inform you when there is a new version which solves the problem.

Kind regards,
Oscar.

March 23, 2019 at 4:19 pm #3446791

Oscar Miras

Hello,

It has been confirmed that this bug in Woocommerce Multilingual will be fixed in the next release.

We do not know the exact time yet, but I will notify you as soon as it happens.

Thank you for your patience.

Óscar.

March 25, 2019 at 10:02 am #3451419

tonyL-9

I understand.

Can you provide a patch until the next version of WPML is released? We need a fix within two days.

Thanks in advance.

March 25, 2019 at 11:59 am #3453025

Oscar Miras

Hello,

Welcome back to the WPML support team.

I’m afraid that there is no confirmed workaround yet for the CurrencyLayer model, so I can not provide you with a patch.

I’m really sorry for the inconvenience. I will notify you as soon as the new WCML version is available.

Best wishes,
Oscar.

April 3, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3526941

Oscar Miras

Hi,

There is a new version for the WCML plugin which fixes the Currenylayer bug.

Please, update your Woocommerce Multilanguage plugin. There is a new version for the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin, make sure you update it too.

Thank you for your patience.

Best wishes,
Oscar.