Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tia 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Tia.

Author Posts
June 3, 2016 at 5:47 pm #897142

davidK-40

We want to prevent the redirection that hides the lang parameter in our standard language (de).
Currently we are getting a 302 redirect (wrong) from the
hidden link
to
hidden link
Disabling the feature is also OK leaving the parameter is not a problem. How do we disable the redirect of the standard language?
Or be able to make the redirects 301s instead.

Thanks for help.

June 5, 2016 at 11:37 pm #897658

Tia

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I am happy to help you with this.

I went to:

hidden link

and translated to English which leads me to this URL:

hidden link

I received the message "www.timo24.de redirected you too many times".

This is unusual behavior for WPML.

Have you added any redirects manually in the .htaccess files or perhaps in functions.php?

Can you tell me if you already checked the following? This will help narrow down the issue:

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

A. Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

B. Minimal Set Up:
1. All plugins except WPML disabled
2. Temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress theme (TwentySixteen)

C. If the issue is gone after Minimal Set Up steps above, activate each plugin one by one to find out which plugin is causing the issue.

Does the issue still persist when you do each step above?

- Please add debug information to the thread: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you in advance for the information above. This will help me come to a faster resolution.

June 20, 2016 at 6:53 am #918991

davidK-40

Thanks Tia,
We tried to change the redirects.
But our question was:
How do we disable the redirect of the standard language? ?lang=de should stay.

Thanks

David

June 21, 2016 at 2:04 am #921195

Tia

This is not expected behavior of WPML. There seems to be an issue somewhere. Do you mind if I login and check out the settings?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

Please rest assured that I will not be making any changes to the site. However, I will be checking settings and seeing if I can spot the issue.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

** IMPORTANT **

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] Currently we are getting a 302 redirect for our standard language. How to disabl’ is closed to new replies.