This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
September 12, 2019 at 2:14 am #4557167

jenniferT-8

Hello I'm following this documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/
But still, I can't see custom fields on my translation. I'm seeing just classic editor and nothing more?
My site is hidden link

September 12, 2019 at 10:20 am #4560163

jenniferT-8

I'm using Genesis theme, think I've covered all but still no custom fields on translated items? Can anyone take a look?

September 12, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4561697

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

What is the process you are following exactly? Could you add some screenshot?

From your description alone I can't understand what is the problem.

September 12, 2019 at 4:04 pm #4562895

jenniferT-8

After I click on translate and copy English content I don't get any custom fields.

September 12, 2019 at 4:31 pm #4563393

jenniferT-8

I've followed the procedure from here https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/ about settings and everything but still, I don't get custom fields shown or copied from the original language.

September 12, 2019 at 5:54 pm #4563813

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

can you please provide credentials so I can better check the issue?

September 12, 2019 at 7:33 pm #4564169

jenniferT-8

I have another issue can't translate custom field > field group > Services Checkbox, how to make checkbox value translated?
That appears in child theme > inc > top-banner.php template. Could you take a look at that too, please? Thank you

September 13, 2019 at 8:32 am #4566585

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the provided credentials do not work. Could you please check them?

As for the checkbox, you need to follow this procedure: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#translating-field-groups

September 16, 2019 at 11:58 pm #4584511

jenniferT-8

Hello Laura, thank you. I've just updated credentials in a previous message can you check that out again. Thanks!

September 17, 2019 at 11:57 am #4588239

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I think the issue is with the template rule - probably if you'd have a different rule the fields would appear just fine.

I need to further debug this issue, so I'd ask you a copy of the site. I'll sent the instruction for that in few minutes

September 18, 2019 at 1:08 pm #4597007

jenniferT-8

Hello Laura,
migration completed, please take a look. Thank you

September 19, 2019 at 10:11 am #4603387

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I found that if you use the Translation Editor, the fields appear regularly and you can translate them (see screenshot).

To activate the Translation Editor you need to switch on the small switcher in the "language" tab in the small sidebar.

Can this work for you?

September 20, 2019 at 8:18 am #4610513

jenniferT-8

Hi Laura, this would be a good backup option if nothing else works, but people who maintain this site are not tech-savvy, it would be very nice if we could get the translation to work on classic WYSIWYG same as it was made in the original. Users asked me if needed to remove WPML completely or replace it with the competitor plugin if we were not able to set it to work as described on the plugin site. They decided to take this plugin and not another one since they loved way things work on WPML but if that is not true they are willing to test others so they can find one that works as advertized. Can you try a bit more if we could make it work as promised by WPML ?

September 20, 2019 at 12:18 pm #4612007

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

you can go to WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation > Field Groups and set it as not translatable.

Then when you have to translate a page with this group, you have to duplicate if first, then set it as "translate independently" and you can translate it normally.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.