This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After installing the plugin "Tools Multilingual," the language code appears before the strings. How to remove it?

Solution:

This plugin should only be used in the development environment. That is, you should not install it in your production environment. To remove the language code, follow the steps below:

- Click on the Multilingual Tools > Settings. - Select the desired languages - Remove the "[%language_code%]" - Keep only the "%original_string%" on the template field - Click on the "Generate strings translations" button.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pernilleO 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 2, 2016 at 10:22 am #895539

pernilleO

I am trying to: Translating from English to German - some strings/expressions can't be found

URL of (my) website where problem appears: iiamo.com (the German site is still hidden)

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: In many places I see the string [German]
For example within the (Kadence Theme/Pinnacle) there is a Custom Carousel with pictures/titles and descriptions of our products.
or: within the search field
or: beneath the social media icons

Steps to duplicate the issue:

Is there a possibility, that nowhere the string [German] is shown, even if there may be a field that misses a translation?
I can't find the "places" where I could translate this content.

Thank you, Angelika

June 2, 2016 at 9:53 pm #896042

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Angelika,

Thanks for contacting us.

This is probably happening because the "Multilingual Tools" plugin is to test whether a theme/plugin are compatible with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/

This plugin should not be enabled in your production environment.

** Backup your site before following these steps:

- Click on the Multilingual Tools > Settings.
- Select the desired languages
- Remove the "[%language_code%]"
- Keep only the "%original_string%" on the template field
- Click on the "Generate strings translations" button.

Then, you can disable the "Multilingual Tools" plugin. I'll add two pictures for you to see.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

June 7, 2016 at 11:04 am #899849

pernilleO

Hi Bruno,
Thank you very much! Now it looks fine.
KR Angelika