This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
January 20, 2020 at 4:42 am #5320635

Anonymous

How can I use a different HOME page for my second language ? For example, I created a custom layou for my French page, and therefore I don't want my translated "Home page" to be the home page of the Frech site, but I would like to create a whole different page. Just for the home of the website that is... Thanks.

January 20, 2020 at 4:43 am #5320637

Anonymous

How can I use a different HOME page for my second language ? For example, I created a custom layou for my French page, and therefore I don't want my translated "Home page" to be the home page of the Frech site, but I would like to create a whole different page. Just for the home of the website that is... Thanks.

January 20, 2020 at 9:34 am #5321747

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

If you want to create a different page, you can:
- Go to your original page.
- Translate your page.
- Return to the original.
- Click on the top bar language switcher.
- Create your new page.

Best regards,
Andrés

January 20, 2020 at 2:59 pm #5324909

Anonymous

Hi,

Thank you for your fast reply.
I don't see how this is different from what I'm already doing ? I have my "ENGLISH HOMEPAGE" with a specific "template". I translated this page to "FRENCH", and I would like to have this French Homepage to use a different template. But, everytime I change the template from the french home page admin, it goes back to the original "ENGLISH" template once I save.

When I try your solution and click on the top bar language switcher, it just brings me back to the translated original version. I could create a new page in English, with a specific template, but it wouldn't be considered the "homepage" of the site.

January 20, 2020 at 3:07 pm #5325003

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

when you mentioned a template, do you mean a Layout created with a plugin/theme, or do you mean defaut WordPress "Template" dropdown?

If you mean the former, please verify your page has been transalated 100%.
For the latter, please go WPML > Settings > Posts and pages synchronization and uncheck this option:
o Synchronize page template

If any of this help, it seems that the issue that you are experiencing is beyond that and it is more a technical problem, maybe a compatibility issue and this forum is intended for how to questions.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/accounts-for-wpml-end-users/

We committed with the site developer that this forum is only for that and we won't mess his development. So, for this kind of questions, you should ask your developer (license owner) to open a ticket in the technical forum.

Regards

The forum ‘Translation support’ is closed to new topics and replies.