If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 7:35 pm #3819987

niekv-4

Site link: hidden link

We have setup custom domain names for both languages (eg site.com and site.nl) for the french we are gonna do that to, and I have set a temporarily domainname for the french language. The WPML check says it's 'OK', but when navigate to that domain it is redirecting it to the dutch (default) language.

We have setup French language as "hidden" following these steps as normal:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/add-language-before-publishing/#post-3795711

Is there a way to visit the French site (with or without the custom/temp. domain name) when the language is hidden? (Im logged in as a user which is allowed to see the french language).

Thanks

May 16, 2019 at 3:37 am #3821505

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey,

Can you tell me if the second language works fine if you move from A different domain per language to Different languages in directories, please? Also, if you keep using A different domain per language but make the secondary language unhidden, is everything working fine? I'm just trying to check what's the behavior when other options are used to see how are things working this way and think what might be the source of this problem.

Thanks,
Radu

May 20, 2019 at 7:48 am #3844419

niekv-4

Sorry for my late reply.
It is working when I change to Different languages in directories and also when I make the french unhidden.

May 20, 2019 at 7:50 am #3844433

niekv-4

After trying those options, It looks like that the french domain is working now..
maybe I had to visit the custom domain once before make it 'hidden' ?

May 21, 2019 at 8:50 am #3853321

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that everything is back to normal now! Yes, that might be the case (maybe you should've visit the custom domain once). I'll mark this ticket as resolved and if you need help with anything else, just open a separate ticket and we'll take care of it.

Regards,
Radu