This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by melitaR 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 10:07 am #4637647

melitaR

Hello,

I already searched the forum for the possibility to solve the problem but could find none, so I hope you can help me.
On a certain page hidden link I have a vertical timeline element with nice animations when going through the years, but this element is not translated it shows the content only in the default language. When I use translation editor these fields don't even show up, so I cannot translate them. I looked up for the manual translation possibilities but cannot find the WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup -> How to translate posts and pages and select: "Create translations manually" instead of "Translation Editor" described in one of the threads.

I already wrote to the theme support, but maybe you are familiar with this kind of problem already.
I would have attached the site credentials as the page is in maintenance mode, but the field was not shown to me for this ticket, I am sure it's necessary, so kindly send me the private message to be able to send it.

thank you.
best regards

September 25, 2019 at 3:12 pm #4640351

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

You might need to register this custom element for translation.

Please check this link for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 26, 2019 at 8:10 am #4644281

melitaR

Hello Mihai,

thank you for the link, but I think this is beyond me and my capabilities.

Do I have to generate the code with the to-be-translated-widget name and parameters? and place it where? WPML custom CSS, page CSS, theme customization?
BTW, I have an additional element which was not translated, but it is important to have it in both languages and the fields are membership options which can be booked through the page.

It would be nothing one could do using strings, like in the previous post your colleague helped me with, here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/footer-translation-not-showing-in-blog-posts/?

thank you in advance.

September 26, 2019 at 9:24 am #4645059

melitaR

Hi again,
my issue is solved as I contacted the theme support and it was very simple: I had to manually edit the English page and the corresponding element embedded in within the layout.
It works like a charm. I am closing this ticket.
thnx.

September 26, 2019 at 9:24 am #4645063

melitaR

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!