This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by George Botsev 5 years ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
April 11, 2015 at 4:19 am #597605

Tim

I am trying to: Translate several Gravity Forms forms from English to Spanish.

I send the form to translation using the process described here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

Most fields are showing up under Translations, and that is working normally. However, all checkbox options (which we use a lot) are not showing up under Translations at all.

Due to an interaction we need to use with Advanced Custom Fields, we are using the Custom Field option under "Post Fields" when creating our checkbox fields. If I add a label to the field, the Label does show up under Translations, but the checkbox options themselves do not.

I have upgraded to the latest version of WPML, Multilingual, and String Translations and still see the issue.

April 13, 2015 at 8:19 pm #598644

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Thank you.

April 15, 2015 at 11:48 pm #600317

Bruno
Supporter

I tried to assign the Form "Donate" for me to translate, but this is being translated by another translator.

Please, could you assign the "Donate" form to me to translate?

Thank you.

April 15, 2015 at 11:54 pm #600318

Tim

Hi Bruno,

I didn't see any way to assign it to your user, but I "resigned" as translation so that you should be able to "claim" it now.

Bill

April 17, 2015 at 12:54 am #601057

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I saw the problem.

I will assign to the 2nd tier support. They will get in touch soon.

Thank you.

April 20, 2015 at 11:09 am #602435

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello, I am George from second tier support.

I'd like to debug this issue further and for this I would like your permission to clone your site on our servers. If I have your "go ahead" on this I will install the Duplicator plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ which will enable me to create snapshot of your site and replicate it locally.
Let me know how you feel about this..

April 20, 2015 at 3:23 pm #602622

Tim

Hi George,

Sure, it is fine for you to duplicate the site so that you can debug it locally.

Tim

April 21, 2015 at 6:59 am #602958

George Botsev
Supporter

Okay, I have tried to use Duplicator, but there seems to be an issue with permissions that prevents him to work.
I am making now a database dump and getting the needed files via FTP.
When I replicate the issue and when I have more information, I will let you know.

April 21, 2015 at 10:14 am #603156

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello again.
I was able to reproduce the issue, and I have escalated this to our 3rd tier support and developers to look at.
When I have more information, I will let you know.

April 30, 2015 at 10:23 pm #610019

Tim

Just wanted to check to see when this might be looked at further. Our client's site launched today, and we really need to get those Gravity Form checkboxes translated as soon as possible.

May 7, 2015 at 8:49 am #613863

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello, please excuse me for the late reply.
Currently this is escalated to our developers and they are taking a look at this issue.
I have no more information, but when I have some news, I will contact you.

If you have a staging or testing environment, I would recommend you to test with the latest WPML 3.2 development release.
Please make sure to make backup and be aware that this release is not recommended for production use.

May 8, 2015 at 6:30 pm #615373

Tim

Hi George,

Thank you for suggesting trying 3.2 to resolve the checkbox options issue. I updated the current plugins to the 3.2-beta-RC3, but alas, I was unable to get the checkbox options to appear anywhere in the WPML plug.

I checked in string translation, and after assigning the form to the user and sending the job. All the form labels were appears per normal, but no where did I see checkbox options to translate.

May 11, 2015 at 7:04 am #615934

George Botsev
Supporter

Thank you for testing, I will let you know when I have more infromation from our developers about this issue.

May 20, 2015 at 1:06 pm #622607

George Botsev
Supporter

Our developers have just notified me that they are in a testing for a fix for this issue and it will be available in the next version of GravityForms Multilingual - 1.3 when released.

May 20, 2015 at 4:44 pm #622849

Tim

Hi George,

Thank you for letting us know. I look forward to the release to see if it resolves the issue. Will let you know how it goes.