This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
April 22, 2019 at 8:10 am #3654425

Emil Nestor

I am trying to: Translate a menu which has a couple of custom fields added.
Example : svg_icon
I have set this custom field to copy saved the settings, and even synchronized the menu, the custom field is not copied over.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
-
I expected to see:
menu-item-custom field to be copied over to the translated menu

Instead, I got:
Only title tag and css classes are copied over.

April 22, 2019 at 8:39 pm #3658243

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

What are your results if you go to Appearance -> Menus edit your default language menu and then click on "+" to add a translation , once you start adding the transaltion can you manually add a custom link in the translation menu ?

what are your results ?

also when you synchronize the menu you still need to go to WPML->String Translation and look for the custom menu items and translate them within the String Translation dashboard (see screenshot)

let me know your results please

April 22, 2019 at 8:46 pm #3658271

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @emil Nestor, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

How are these fields created? Is it through some specific plugin or custom code?

Please try to add a new item to the menu, then update the translation (with the custom field set as copy). Is the field copied on the new menu item?

All the best,
Diego

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom Field for Menu item not synced’ is closed to new replies.