This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 21, 2019 at 5:23 pm

mikeE-8

Hello,

We have a custom field for a custom post type that is copying its data to a translated page. We would like the field to be blank on the translated page.

If you could please mark the next post as private I will provide links to an example on the development server.

August 21, 2019 at 5:48 pm #4434363

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before giving you a more detailed and accurate answer, I would need some more details. What is the specific custom field into question? Where it appear in your website frontend? Also, can you please, confirm if you have followed our instructions at: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/ on how to properly define the translation preference of custom fields?

For example, you can set it as 'translate' and then you will not have its content copied to its translation, instead you would have a blank field where you can enter a translated content. Please, let me know so we can proceed with a more detailed investigation and help. Have a nice day.

Note: I've enabled a private reply for you in case you need to send us any private information.

August 21, 2019 at 10:51 pm #4435309

mikeE-8

All instructions were followed and it said "translate" but it kept "copying once"

We re-saved the setting and it's working now.

August 22, 2019 at 12:35 am #4435401

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, confirm if the issue is solved, so we can close this ticket. Thank you for your collaboration and understanding, have a nice day.