Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by lucM-5 1 year, 6 months ago.

Author Posts
May 3, 2018 at 7:03 am #1948134

lucM-5

Hi,

I'm trying to translate the values assigned to a particular custom field - but they don't seem to be available with STRING TRANSLATION. I'll be providing you with credentials for a staging site, and the particular field I'm talking about is wpcf-sales-country. It has been assigned multiple values (Belgium, Germany, France, Japan, ...) but none of these show up in the list of strings available for translation.

On the other hand, I can translate the values of other custom fields. In particular, I STRING TRANSLATION even shows strings for custom field types that have been deleted from the database - for example:

field country-of-sales option wpcf-fields-select-option-ae2247e29eaabe8127519a14d34d3203-1 title

That is VERY CONFUSING, to say the least. Is there any option to clean up the list of strings after a custom field type has been deleted?

One more thing: I'm not able to activate WPML on the clone for which I'll be providing access - in spite of the fact that a key has been generated on wpml.org & that I have a perpetual license.

One more final thing: it seems that I'm unable to provide you with site access only on this ticket. So I'll provide you with username & password in reply to your first contact.

Thanks,
Luc

May 3, 2018 at 8:04 pm #1965886

lucM-5

Hi,

I found a solution myself. I overlooked that this was a single line field, and hence needs to be translated directly on the custom post itself - rather than thru string translation.

Luc