This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
February 1, 2019 at 6:06 pm #3152882

David

I am trying to:

keep custom fields saved

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

custom field saved

Instead, I got:

time to time settings of custom fields are kind of reinitialized

February 4, 2019 at 1:41 pm #3157828

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Furthermore, it seems that you are using manual translation for your posts, can you switch for Classic Translation Editor and test again ?

To troubleshoot this issue further i will need you to update WPML plugins to latest version.

Would you also provide more details about this issue.
- What post/page/content resent this issue ?
- What custom fields are not saved for translations ?

You may also check for any compatibility conflicts with other plugins or the theme, preferably on your test site, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 5, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3162317

David

Hi Jamal,

Furthermore, it seems that you are using manual translation for your posts, can you switch for Classic Translation Editor and test again ?
I'll give it a try 🙂

For others options that you give me, this will be tricky since this website is on production and my local site doesn't have any troubles.

ALL custom fields are set back to don't translate after a certain amount of time. So it affects several post type not only one.

February 5, 2019 at 2:57 pm #3162525

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Yes, once the translation mode is set for a custom field it will affect all post types that are using this custom field.

Could you please elaborate a little more on your question so I can better understand?
Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.
Or maybe explain like:
1. I go to xxx
2. I do xxx
3. I expect to have xxx
4. Instead i get xxx

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom Field settings are randomely lost’ is closed to new replies.