This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
January 30, 2019 at 7:38 pm

tamasK-10

I am trying to: translate a product to spanish - everything but some of the custom fields are saving. Itinerary and FAQs dont copy, the "whats included" section does copy across but the formatting of the english version is not retained.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The green links in the dark grey bar halfway down the page should show "Overview", "Itinerary", "FAQs" & "Gallery"

Instead, I got: Just "Overview"

January 30, 2019 at 9:22 pm #3145683

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

The solution here was to set the custom fields to "copy once". The fields are now available on your Spanish native Product Editor page.

Alternatively you might try to translate the content using the WPML Translation Editor. You can enabled it for your WooCommerce products at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Settings.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

January 31, 2019 at 11:26 am #3147582

tamasK-10

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your help.

I've tried using the WPML Translation Editor but the itinerary, faqs etc don't appear.
They also don't appear if I try using the WooCommerce Multilingual dashboard to add a translation.

Am I doing something wrong?

January 31, 2019 at 5:59 pm #3149165

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi,

After taking another look at your site I have to apologize. The custom fields had top be set to "translate". Anyhow the settings is not solving the issue for all of the fields.

I would kindly like to ask you to add the plugin used to setup the custom fields to the following test site i order for me to recreate the issue.

One Click Login: hidden link

It might be that we are handling here an incompatibility issue between WPML and the third plugin.

Please send me short notification once the plugin is added to the test site.

Kind regards
Andreas

February 1, 2019 at 9:10 pm #3153276

tamasK-10

Hi Andreas,

I've installed the theme and all it's plugins - do you need me to add some products / setup wpml or will you want to do that?

Kind Regards

February 2, 2019 at 12:09 am #3153593

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you very much for providing the theme and plugins for test purposes.

I was able to recreate the same issue on our sandbox site. The issue has been escalated to our compatibility team who will work on solving the issue together with the theme authors.

I will keep you updated about the process as soon I receive some feedback.

Kind regards
Andreas

February 4, 2019 at 7:00 pm #3159218

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi,

One update regarding the submitted issue. It is possible to duplicate a created product or to overwrite an existing product translation from the original. this method would replace all the custom fields from the original content but it would also overwrite it with the original langauge.

The translated product then would need to be translated manually using the Native WordPress Editor: WooCommerce > WCML > Settings > Product Translation Interface > Native WooCommerce product editing screen.

I hope this workaround will help you in the meantime. I will let you about any updates regarding the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

February 7, 2019 at 5:42 pm #3171709

tamasK-10

Thanks Andreas.

I've removed woo-commerce multilingual and am creating the products as show in this video I recorded - can you take a look when you get a chance to make sure I'm safe to do it this way...
hidden link

Many Thanks

February 7, 2019 at 8:51 pm #3172104

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the video.

As far I can see the custom fields were copied when translating the product manually without WCML. Only the product gallery was missing, and I was able to see that this option was not marked to copy. Scroll to the bottom in your product editor to multilingual content setup for custom fields. (See screenshot)

I think your current way translate the products would be the best way to create your site until our compatibility team will find a solution for WCML.

I will keep you informed about the process.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 7, 2019 at 10:56 pm #4358551

Andreas W.
Supporter

**STATUS UPDATE**