This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 18, 2019 at 9:35 am #3637781

gavinL-4

I am trying to: use the string translator to translate contents of the page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: inside the editor.

I expected to see: the strings inside custom Gutenberg is translated

Instead, I got: the custom blocks became invalid with unexpected error.

April 18, 2019 at 10:30 am #3638283

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Can you please explain to me what do you mean by 'Custom Gutenberg blocks'?
Are those blocks that you have created yourself?
WPML is compatible with the Gutenberg editor. Please make sure that you are following our instructions on how to work with WPML and the Gutenberg editor.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-content-created-using-gutenberg-editor/

Also please check if you are not experiencing the known issue that we have and which you can read about here.
https://wpml.org/errata/gutenberg-blocks-created-using-acf-5-8-are-not-translatable/

In addition to the above, please also update WPML and its add-ons to their latest version. According to the debug information of your site they are not updated. Please check if updating everything helps to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 18, 2019 at 11:33 am #3638749

gavinL-4

Yes, the plugins were created by me using a package called `create-guten-block`.
I'll update the WPML on the site to the latest version and if the problem still persists, I'll post it here.

April 18, 2019 at 3:45 pm #3640479

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Thanks for the update.

I look forward to your reply!

Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom Gutenberg blocks are becoming invalid with string translation.’ is closed to new replies.