This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pedro-miguelT 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 26, 2019 at 11:39 am

pedro-miguelT

Hello,
I have some custom HTML widgets in the footer of our website.

They were working properly in English and Spanish, but, for some unknown reason, now they are always displayed in Spanish.

They appear in the string translation section as translated (they were working as expected in the past).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
The problem can be seen in any page in English in the footer.

I have reviewed WMPL options, trying to modify widgets, change translation, but I have seen no change on result.

Can you give any clue on how to solve this problem?

Thanks

September 26, 2019 at 1:02 pm #4647007

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I have tried to login to your site but wp-login info is not working here as you can see in the attached screenshot.

To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site, so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

September 26, 2019 at 7:23 pm
September 29, 2019 at 3:27 pm #4660985

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for login details. I found that you can translate these widgets by creating a widget for each language. At the bottom of the widget, you should see the language selector. I set the one you created to ES and then added a new one and set it to EN. Now you can see the correct one showing up in each language for Footer 1 widget area. You can follow these steps for the additional widgets.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this issue and I will be happy to help.

Thank you

September 29, 2019 at 3:35 pm #4661057

pedro-miguelT

Hello, thank you for your support.

Yes, I already knew that I could display a different widgets in each language, the problem is that this solution multiply the number of widgets. In the past, it was working just fine using string translation. I have no idea about the reason it stopped working, (maybe after a wpml update?).

I will use this as a workaround for now, let's see if I can get it working in the future.