Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bohuslavB 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
February 26, 2018 at 12:20 pm #1529124

bohuslavB

Hello,

I would like to ask for a help to find the easiest way to change my switcher. I have a website with 2 languages, English and Deutsch. What I try to achieve is: when on English website, I want the menu text to say "DE" (without any submenus shown on hover). When I click on "DE", it will take me to German website, when the menu text will now say "EN".

Could you please advise me how to make this happen, hopefully right from WordPress CMS?

Thank you.

Bohuslav

February 26, 2018 at 1:01 pm #1529174

Yuri

The option that you are looking for is the "Current Language" in the Language Switcher options. Take notice that this option is only available in the "List of Languages" switcher and not in the drop-down one. I've attached an image showing where this configuration is located.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

February 26, 2018 at 1:16 pm #1529200

bohuslavB

Yes, great! That is it! And is it possible to only have a short text "EN" or "DE" to show?

February 26, 2018 at 6:51 pm #1529665

Yuri

Hi, this can be configured in each language in the admin > WPML > Languages on the first configuration block. There is a link to "Edit Languages". On this screen, you will be able to edit the name of all languages currently configured including what they are named as in the Language Switchers.

March 2, 2018 at 1:55 pm #1534397

bohuslavB

Thank you very much!