This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #4544653

butterandflyB

I would like to insert a language switcher on top of each post, at the side of comments.
Unfortunately, my theme is not easy to work with, therefore I have no idea where to insert the code <?php do_action('wpml_add_language_selector'); ?>
Your help would be much appreciated!

September 10, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4545061

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Please use the following URL to login to one of our servers. Configure WPML similarly to your website and upload your theme. I'll check it and give you a hint on how to resolve this.
hidden link

Otherwise please allow me temporary access to your website and activate the theme Editor for my user to check this.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

September 10, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4546085

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

I checked your theme and it contains different files, the display also depends on the display settings chosen(see attached image).
To find the proper file for each setting, This will need proper investigation and testing. Without having FTP access to your website, I won't change anything to not break the website.
Please reproduce install your theme on the provided test server and I'll see how to resolve this.

You may also want to contact the theme authors and ask them this question, they will be faster than me to answer it.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom language switcher’ is closed to new replies.