This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Custom Language Switcher Missing secondary language name.

Solution: Flushing both site's and Browser Cache solved the issue

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 6:38 am #2810888

Jesper

I am using the shortcode [wpml_language_selector_widget] in a Beaver Builder theme. In the admin, I have customised "Custom language switchers" to show name and flag. Under "Language Switcher Options", I have selected "Link to home of language for missing translations".

What I expect: when I visit a page in my main language that does not have a translation in a secondary language, it should still show the flag of the secondary language, with a link back to its homepage.

What happens: only the flag of the main language shows, not the secondary language.

October 12, 2018 at 9:29 am #2811411

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Welcome to WPML Support!

I ran a few tests on my end but couldn't replicate the issue. I would appreciate if you could:

1) Point me to one of the pages where you are encountering this issue, so i can make a few tests and check the problem live on your website.

2) Provide me with a detailed steps list of what you did to encounter this issue.

Thanks in advance!

October 15, 2018 at 10:32 pm #2818928

Jesper

Seemed to be due to caching, eventually started working without additional changes.

October 16, 2018 at 6:47 am #2819851

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I'm glad you sorted out the problem!