This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.68 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Custom Language Switcher Missing secondary language name.

Solution: Flushing both site's and Browser Cache solved the issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 6:38 am #2810888

Jesper

I am using the shortcode [wpml_language_selector_widget] in a Beaver Builder theme. In the admin, I have customised "Custom language switchers" to show name and flag. Under "Language Switcher Options", I have selected "Link to home of language for missing translations".

What I expect: when I visit a page in my main language that does not have a translation in a secondary language, it should still show the flag of the secondary language, with a link back to its homepage.

What happens: only the flag of the main language shows, not the secondary language.

October 12, 2018 at 9:29 am #2811411

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Welcome to WPML Support!

I ran a few tests on my end but couldn't replicate the issue. I would appreciate if you could:

1) Point me to one of the pages where you are encountering this issue, so i can make a few tests and check the problem live on your website.

2) Provide me with a detailed steps list of what you did to encounter this issue.

Thanks in advance!

October 15, 2018 at 10:32 pm #2818928

Jesper

Seemed to be due to caching, eventually started working without additional changes.

October 16, 2018 at 6:47 am #2819851

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I'm glad you sorted out the problem!