This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Is there a way to rename XLIFF files?

Solution: Currently there is not an option to rename the XLIFF files, but there is a feature request for this to be included in a future release.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Leopoldo Gurman 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 8, 2018 at 3:01 pm #2034790

ingeborgV-3

I am translating a website which has 150 texts in scope, and two target languages: German and English.

I exported the texts as XLIFF to translate in memoQ, and the texts are named differently (English XLIFF's get the numbers from 1 to 150, and German texts from 151 to 300, for example). The following is an example of the name of one of the English texts: 'Van Berlo-translation-job-184-eng-US'

It would be great if the downloaded XLIFF could have the name that that appears in the translations section of WPML. In this case the text is called 'Uitvoering', and that this name also applies for the rest of the languages. The same text, when downloaded as XLIFF for German, is called 'Van Berlo-translation-job-342-ger-DE'.

Can we thus customize the name of XLIFFS for download and include more information in the name?

Thanks for your help.

May 9, 2018 at 7:07 pm #2060183

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. Currently there is not an option to rename the XLIFF files, but I will be happy to submit this as a feature request for a future release. Ultimately our developers decide if and when a request will be implemented, and it will be announced in our release notes if they decide to introduce this feature.

May 13, 2019 at 1:57 pm #3799201

Leopoldo Gurman

This would be useful for us too. Thanks!