This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to create different page templates for languages

Solution:

By default, WPML synchronizes page templates between translations, but you can tell it not to do so by following the below steps:

- Go to WPML->Translation options or, if you're using the Translation Management module, WPML -> Translation Management->Multilingual content setup.

- You will see the option called:"Synchronize page template" Uncheck it and save.

Now, go to page editor and choose different templates per language. You should switch your editor to manual editor to switch the templates here.

100% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 9, 2018 at 8:16 am #2046101

marcusK-3

Hello guys,

i will use a custom page template for a translated page. The german Page must have the contact.php template an the english one must have the contact_en.php template.

When I safe this custom page template on my translated page it will be not safed. Must I tick a specific option to get this work?

May 10, 2018 at 8:54 am #2067912

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

By default, WPML synchronizes page templates between translations, but you can tell it not to do so by following the below steps:
- Go to WPML->Translation options or, if you're using the Translation Management module, WPML->Translation Management->Multilingual content setup.
- You will see the option called:"Synchronize page template" Uncheck it and save.

Now, go to page editor and choose different templates per language. You should switch your editor to manual editor to switch the templates here.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks