This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 12, 2017 at 12:54 pm #1274840

sebastianT-2

This is more like a bug report.
I have a custom field for WooCommerce products created with Toolset. This field is set as required.
My translation setting for a custom field used (WPML->Translation Management->Multilingual Content Setup->Custom Field Translation) is set to 'Copy'.
I create a new product, generate the translation, and the translated product didn't copy the value for that field from the original. As the field is required, and the translated product doesn't have a value for it, this causes the product not to show in the category listing in the secondary language (works inthe original, as it has a value for the field).

May 15, 2017 at 12:08 pm #1276068

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello.

I will be helping you with this.

(1) Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following these steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support

(2) Clarification
I have checked with some colleagues in Toolset and they were unable to reproduce this error. Could you please share with me how you are generating the product translations?

Are you using the Woocommerce native editor? the WCML Translation editor? programatically?

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom Post Field translation setting (Copy) not taken into account’ is closed to new replies.