Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 10, 2019 at 8:00 am

isaacE-2

I am trying to: Show translation on custom post Header and Footer

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: in the header and footer of hidden link

I expected to see: the text translated on the header and footer

Instead, I got: only the menu is showing the translation, here is a quick video explaining the problem hidden link

October 10, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4733063

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. The first thing I noticed when I tried to edit the English translation of the Header is that it had been sent to the trash, so I restored it to try and edit the translation. This did not work, but I wanted to let you know that I restored it so that we can at least test further.

Can you please tell me how you create these Header and Footer post types? Is there a plugin that creates them, or part of your theme? I tried adding the shortcode that I found in the String Translation table to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration. After this change, I was able to see the button text in the Advanced Translation Editor but it did not display on the frontend, so I"m wondering if the plugin used to create these post types is compatible with WPML.

I have set up a fresh install and would like you to install the plugin used to create these post types so that I can try and reproduce the issue here.
Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: s1RLwb7R32pP

Once that has been done, please let me know the steps you took to create and insert the header, and then I will try to reproduce.

October 11, 2019 at 8:04 am #4736269

isaacE-2

I didn't create it. It was part of the theme. The theme say that is WPML ready: hidden link

I already install the theme in the sandbox wordpress you shared with me.

Is there an option to get notified when you reply here? My email is isaac@elejal.de I would be refreshing constantly to look in to a solution.

Thanks,

October 11, 2019 at 5:20 pm #4740577

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Since Lauren currently has a few days off, I will replace her here in the forum. I hope this is OK for you.

The theme is not listed at our compatible themes page: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/ - but it only means that it's noit tested by our team. I also noticed that the elements are not registered for translation. I suggest to contact the theme authors then refer them to our Go Global program so that we can help them make their product compatible with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

I have also checked the sandbox site and was able to translate the header using the following steps:
- Go to Headers > All Items
- Click on the "+" icon to create a translation for the header (use a different name for the translation)
- Go to Pages > All Pages then click on the "+" icon to translate the page
- After publishing the translation, go back to the edit screen of the page (original language)
- Change the language using the Language switcher at the top admin bar
- if it display a warning, click on "Edit Anyway"
- On the header section, select the translated header then save

It worked on the sandbox:
- hidden link
- hidden link

Please let me know if it works for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.