Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
January 31, 2020 at 3:16 pm #5400747

rolandd-5

A custom product attibute translation is only visible in the admin mail. The customer see the attribute untranslated.

February 3, 2020 at 7:16 am #5409617

rolandd-5

Hi Laura,

I've uploaded the site to Cloudways, but.....
1) I need to access the header.php file so we can access the frontend of the webshop. That's not possible right now.
2) I need to change the emailadres in Woocommerce -> setting -> emails so my customers don't be bordered with the test emails.

Thanks

February 3, 2020 at 8:16 am #5409807

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

you can access the cloned site with the same credentials you have in your live one. I also sent you SFTP credentials so if you need you can access the files too.

February 3, 2020 at 8:50 am #5410091

rolandd-5

Hi Laura,

yes, I understand, but I can't connect with SFTP. I tried several options. Attached is 1 of the options I tried. Also without SFP in front of the IP-address and instead of the IP-address the hostname.

February 3, 2020 at 9:42 am #5410683

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I don't know what to say, I have no issue connecting with FileZilla. Try with hidden link

Otherwise, you can install a plugin like File Manager and try with it.

February 3, 2020 at 10:54 am #5411467

rolandd-5

With Filezilla no problems to connect. Strange.
Your good to go now.

February 3, 2020 at 5:06 pm #5414705

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I started debugging your site, but I'm facing some issues, I get a 500 error when trying to access the shop so it will take a bit more.

February 5, 2020 at 3:48 pm #5431985

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

sorry for this late update but I had to create a new copy on my local server because I couldn't make it work on Cloudways.

I tried to reproduce the issue but I'm having problems to see what I need to do to make the problematic field appear in the mail, probably because I can understand neither German or Dutch.

Could you please recap the process for me?

February 6, 2020 at 12:19 pm #5438881

rolandd-5

Hi Laura,

1) WooCommerce -> WCML
2) Go to the last page (page 10) and see "SunnyTent Rond Maat M".
3) You'll see 5 flags form the languages we use on the site. Choose the German one in this example.
4) Now you're in the translation of the product ""SunnyTent Rond Maat M". Scroll down till the section "Custom Product attributes".
5) For Dutch is says "Opmerkingen". For German this have to be "Bemerkungen". I can type this in the field-translation for the German language.
6) Save the translation via the bleu button below.

7) Go back to the same product translation as in step 1, 2, 3, 4.
8) Check the translation field at section "Custom Product attributes" for the German language.
9) For the translation in German we have put "Bemerkungen" in that field. But now it still says "Opmerkingen". (site's default language).

10) Go to WPML -> Stringvertaling (String translation)
11) In the search-field (Zoeken naar) type "Opmerkingen" and activate the option "vertalingen meenemen". Click on the Search button (Zoeken).
12) There is a string for Domein (domain) "Wordpress", Naam (name) "taxonomy singular name: Opmerkingen". Status "Vertaling voltooid".
13) Click on the "Vertalingen". This will open the translations.
14) Check this string is fully translated.

As you can see, all translation I try to do for this string or attributes, it won't be applied to the emails the customer gets.

I hope i've cleared the proces a bit for testing on your site.

Regards,

Roland

February 6, 2020 at 2:21 pm #5439863

Laura
Supporter

Ok, but I don't see the string at all in the mail confirmation order. In which mail should I see it?

February 6, 2020 at 2:31 pm #5439889

rolandd-5

Please "buy" the product in the German Language "SunnyTent Grosse M". Just use BACS as payment option (Bankuberweisung (German).
As adrress you can use the dutch embassy in Berlin (just google it)
The customers gets and email with after the purchase. It's the first email a customer gets.

February 6, 2020 at 2:53 pm #5440035

Laura
Supporter

I had already tried that (in English and German). I see no reference to this attribute.

See the screenshot.

February 7, 2020 at 9:34 am #5445197

rolandd-5

Hi Laura,

That's strange. Please see attachments.
1) 1 in Dutch (site default language)
2) 1 in German (translation)

Can you check if you see the same on your site?

February 7, 2020 at 9:39 am #5445277

rolandd-5

I have a similar issue with the WOoCommerce sales-flash.
Bij default this is called 'Sales!'.

I've copied the sales-flash.php to /theme/woocommerce/single-product/

Changed the wordt 'Sale!' to 'Discount!'. Scan for new strings and found the new string 'Discount!'.
Then I translate this new string, cleared WPML cache, but it is not applied on the website.

Removed the default string 'Sale!', but keeps showing the translations for the removed string on the website.

I think this is related with my earlier problem. What'g going on?

Regards

February 7, 2020 at 4:31 pm #5449087

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

please, let's focus on one issue at the time or it will only be just more confusing. We can split the ticket later or you can open a new one to discuss the other issue.

On my copy of the site it's the same as the screenshots you posted.

What I don't understand is that you said the issue is with the customer's mail, but when I ask where I should see the attribute in the mail, you send me screenshots of WCML backend.

So, if the issue is in the order confirmation mail, what should I do to see it? Because at the moment I can't see the attribute at all, and I can't fix an issue I can't see.