This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to translate Custom product tabs of WooCommerce products. Solution: The custom tabs are actually custom fields for each product. That's the reason why you currently can't change them globally, and have the change be applied automatically to all the products where you used them. For now, you can translate the tabs as I explained in a previous message, when translating the product. This is the only way to do this, giving the structure of the tabs (being custom fields).

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderF-32 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 27, 2019 at 8:10 pm #4294055

alexanderF-32

I am trying to: I try translate Custom product tabs. I found old tickets. (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/custom-product-tabs-translation-with-wpml/)

"Click on the WPML > WooCommerce Multilingual. - Look for 'Product Translation Interface' - Select the "Go to the native WooCommerce product editing screen" option - Click on the "Save" button" - I can't find in my control panel hidden link
Please help. In this moment my custom products don't translate

July 29, 2019 at 5:04 am #4296979

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Alexander,

Can you tell me if this is the plugin that you are using, please? https://wordpress.org/plugins/yikes-inc-easy-custom-woocommerce-product-tabs/ I just want to make sure that I'm checking the right plugin. As I can see, there's something mentioned in the description about being compatible with WPML but this is not a part of our compatible plugins list (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility) and I couldn't find anything about how to configure the plugin with WPML on their documentation either (hidden link).
I checked the ticket that you attached but that's very old and a lot of things have changed in WPML since then. This is why, that option that was mentioned there is no longer available.
Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area of your website so I can have a closer look at these tabs to see if there's anything I can do to make them available for translation, please? The next reply is set to be private so there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks,
Radu

July 30, 2019 at 9:22 am #4306079

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alexander,

Can you have a look at the translation of this product, please? hidden link I made a small change to the English translation - hidden link, the Kuidas õigesti mõõta tab has a point to the end, compared to the Estonian language that doesn't.
All I did was to edit the translation here hidden link, add the point to the tab title, checked the Translation is complete at the bottom of the page, and save the changes. Can you add the translation on all the other fields from this page (on the right fields), and tell me how things work, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 1, 2019 at 5:45 pm #4324581

alexanderF-32

Hi,Radu!

I made demo product
hidden link (in estonian)
hidden link (in inglish)
hidden link (in russian)

I made one little video end show my problems and I show one resolve (not very good ideai,but still...) 🙁

hidden link

August 1, 2019 at 9:41 pm #4325393

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alexander,

You don't have to be a filmmaker, as long as you manage to capture all the elements that we're talking about. The video was very helpful.

However, I checked the translation of the product you created and I could see that in the Russian language there's a translation added and it's displayed on the product page, while on English there's no translation so nothing is displayed - please see the attached screenshots. Everything looks good for me. Can you tell me what should be different or what's the issue in this case, please? Maybe there's something I'm missing and I need a few more details.

Thanks,
Radu

August 2, 2019 at 3:38 pm #4331229

alexanderF-32

Hi Radu
Maybe I described the problems not fully . I put all information for this tabs in this page hidden link for all my languages..

And I need look automatic in my products 🙁

August 5, 2019 at 11:49 am #4340229

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alexander,

Thank you very much for sharing this last link. Now I understand what you're asking for. However, I checked this a bit closer and it seems that the custom tabs are actually custom fields for each product. That's the reason why you currently can't change them globally, and have the change be applied automatically to all the products where you used them.

For now, you can translate the tabs as I explained in a previous message, when translating the product. This is the only way to do this, giving the structure of the tabs (being custom fields).

As I mentioned before, this plugin is not a part of our WPML compatible plugins. I would recommend you to contact the plugin's author and ask him to apply for the Go Global program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where we're working with theme and plugins authors to make WPML compatible with their products. Maybe this way tabs will be easier to translate in a future update of the plugin.

Thanks,
Radu

August 6, 2019 at 8:05 pm #4350269

alexanderF-32

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!