Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by julianZ-4 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
October 20, 2018 at 1:56 pm #2834222

julianZ-4

Hello Bigul

I did the redirects some time ago in my .htaccess already.

Is there not a way that the slugs are different (or that these urls are not accessible at all?)

October 21, 2018 at 1:40 pm #2835580

julianZ-4

oh man..

hidden link

slug: smartphoto-fr should be in French -> correct URL blackfridaydeals.ch/fr/shops/smartphoto-fr/

Instead on Google Search Console I see hidden link -> it's in German language.

So your slug-theory does not seem to be true. It has to be something else.

This issue is just hurting SEO rankings really really bad, please fix it!

October 22, 2018 at 3:21 pm #2838643

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Julian,

Thank you for the updates. I have shared it with our team and waiting for the feedback now. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 23, 2018 at 9:13 am #2841654

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Julian,

For your kind updates, we have escalated the issue to our developers. But it will be a time-consuming task.

So as a workaround for the time being please consider redirection for these terms or you can define noindex and nofollow for it. Please check the following documentation for more details.

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 23, 2018 at 9:17 am #2841658

julianZ-4

oh boi...

Is there a way to speed this up? We can pay something for it. That's really hurting my rankings..

nofollow and noindex will not work - because I can not set them on store level because then I don't have the store indexed at all..

Only way is to do redirects as soon as Google finds these URLs - which is hurting..

October 23, 2018 at 12:50 pm #2842388

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Julian,

Thank you for the feedback. For your kind information, it will be a time taking task. As per the current design, it is an expected result because the slug has already existed in the database. Sorry for the troubles.

We don't have an option for the extra payment for the developments. But you can contact one of the certified WPML Contactors for this purpose. Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/about-wpml-contractors/

https://wpml.org/contractors/

Thank you for the understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 31, 2018 at 10:32 am #2865217

julianZ-4

I just got an email saying if I still need help.

Yes, of course I still need help. It's a very severe bug. I need it fixed.

It's already the second bug I'm reporting which doesn't really leave a good impression for this paid plugin..

(And there is more, just less severe bugs p.e. my "String translations" are overwritten from time to time, you can't update the flag symbols (crashes the server... might not be only WMPLs fault), ... )

November 1, 2018 at 6:09 am #2868147

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello Julian,

Since Bigul currently has a few days off, I will replace him here in the forum. I hope this is OK for you 🙂

As an update, I will like to let you know that the issue is still in our developer's queue. I don't have any ETA available when this will be released.

I will get back to you as soon as I receive any feedback from our developers.

I apologize any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks

January 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm #3093711

julianZ-4

Some months have passed. Do you have any updates on this?

January 21, 2019 at 5:23 pm #3113444

julianZ-4

hello hello WPML team?

January 27, 2019 at 1:58 pm #3132763

julianZ-4

WPML has just the worst plugin support with soooooo many bugs in their plugin.

It's really ridiculous to ask people to pay for plugin/support when you deliver a service like WPML does.

March 6, 2019 at 11:46 am #3278618

julianZ-4

it has been 4 months with this bug, still unresolved..

March 22, 2019 at 10:56 am #3439537

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

We recently released new versions of WPML plugins with fixes and improvements so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

March 22, 2019 at 11:01 am #3439577

julianZ-4

Hello Shekhar

We already installed the newest version on a testsystem. The bug is persistent.

Please refer to: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/unresolved-ticket-for-more-than-4-months/

March 22, 2019 at 11:22 am #3439779

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am passing the info to the developers and will get back to you as soon as I will have any update.

Thanks