This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jaimeF-5 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 6:29 pm #4548115

jaimeF-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have some Custom taxonomies in a CPT, created with Toolset.
I translated some of them, but they are not displaying in my View.
In Spanish (base language shows correctly, when I change to English they just disappear).

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Actually I didn't found anything, but I guess it's something quite simple to solve. I'm not sure what I'm doing bad.

(It's strange, because the custom taxonomy (FYI 'Choreography') appears correctly in the 'edit form' but it disappear in the profile info)
I attached you some screenshots.
By the way, 'Choreography' is the only custom taxonomy I've translated so far, that's why only appears this one in the edit form and that's why it's the only that disappears.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

September 10, 2019 at 6:44 pm #4548319

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

First, please go to the WPML -> Taxonomy Translation page. At the top of the page, you will find a drop-down menu, which lets you select what taxonomy to translate.
Make sure that the taxonomy itself (post type) and the taxonomy items (sngle categories) are translated.

If this did not solve the issue, did you create and translate different Toolset content templates for all languages?

https://toolset.com/documentation/translating-sites-built-with-toolset/translating-content-templates-wordpress-archives-views-cred-forms/#creating-different-content-templates-for-different-languages

I can see you are using WPBakery. In case you are using a page builder template for the page, is it translated?

Also, did you try if the content is showing up translated, if you disable any additional plugin and run Toolset and WPML plugins only? If it works this way, start reactivating the other plugins in small groups or one by one while refreshing and inspecting the Front-End. Try to recognize when the translated custom taxonomies are not showing up as translated and take note of the activated plugin name. From there we can start further compatiblity testing.

I am awaiting your answer in order to assist you further.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 10, 2019 at 7:04 pm #4548423

jaimeF-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!