Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by wesleyD-2 4 years, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Beda.

Author Posts
February 27, 2015 at 3:47 pm #568245

wesleyD-2

I am trying to:
Get the translations available for custom taxanomies in the backend it works fine and i think i have all the settings correct too.. the setting for this custom taxanome (Facilities) is set to Translate but it just shows the main version of the translation.

I visited this URL:
hidden link - This is the original
hidden link - This is the copy in german: everything under factilities is translated but not shown in fronted

I expected to see:

If i switch in the backend from dutch to german the facilities are in the right translation: see screenshot

Instead, I got:

March 1, 2015 at 5:22 pm #568868

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Italian (Italiano )

Hello Wesley

Thank you for the Debug infos

Could you update WPML to it's latest version 3.1.8.6?

I think I need some more infos on how that site is created.

1. Could you specify how you create and translate the Taxonomies
(are they theme generated, or coded by yourself, or perhaps created by a plugin)

2. Please confirm that you have fully followed this DOC:
http://wpml.org/faq/string-translation-default-language-not-english/

3. Is the issue also appearing with no Plugins active but WPML + AddOns?

4. I assume you can't try with another Theme, due to specific functions of that theme?
If you can try with another theme, please try with WP Theme Twenty Fourteen

Please could elaborate on above steps, so I can be of better help?

Thank you

March 2, 2015 at 4:40 pm #569491

wesleyD-2

Hi Beda,

Thank you for your reply, however it doesnt solve the problem ive tried all your steps as above descriped.

Disable all the plugins, updated WPML and your steps from point 2. Point 4 is not available since its a theme function.

What can i do now? It is weird because everything changes correctly except for those. So maybe it is in the theme? all other translations work fine only not this one..

Best Regards,

Wesley Dekkers

March 2, 2015 at 4:48 pm #569496

wesleyD-2

Also

This is executed: wp_get_post_terms($this->get_base_id(), 'facility', array('orderby' => 'name', 'order' => 'ASC', 'fields' => 'all'));

This field: $this->get_base_id() shows not the german post id but the dutch post id.

Best Regards,

Wesley

March 2, 2015 at 4:49 pm #569499

wesleyD-2

Found it i changed it to $this->get_id(); and this resolved the problem thank you!