Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 28, 2019 at 3:47 pm #3256377

Nohemi

I am trying to go to https://wpml.org/fr?post_format=1

I expected to see : a redirection to https://wpml.org/fr/ or 404

Instead, I got: 500 error

Apparently, taxonomy value need to be an integer. If it is a string, it causes a 404 error. (normal behavior)
The bug is reproducible with any taxonomy.

March 1, 2019 at 1:15 pm #3260780

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you give me more details and clear steps on what are you trying to achieve? Can you try the same on our sandbox as well?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 1, 2019 at 1:41 pm #3261147

Nohemi

Hi,

I want just to prevent anyone cause a 500 error on our website. (deliberately or not)

I realized the bug because hidden link was an old url of the previous version of our website so it was referenced and google bot get a 500 error instead of 404.

It causes a php error : "Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string". I check the debug backtrace and it comes from the function maybe_redirect_to_translated_taxonomy.

So I've deduced that it's related to any taxonomy and i tested with post_format taxonomy on your site to check if it is a general bug.

The same on your sandbox :
hidden link
hidden link

I have only configured WPML to add a second language, used directory language and translated the hello post.

March 1, 2019 at 3:19 pm #3261809

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I can see the issue - I have escalated this to 2nd tier and will get back to you as soon as I will have more information.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 16, 2019 at 1:20 pm #3360379

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This issue has been escalated to WPML developers. As for fixing it, I can't give you any dates, it could end up in the next release or in 6 months. This is totally up to developers - severity of the issue and number of reported cases (among other things) decide its queue on the list.

Regards,
Bruno Kos