This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How can I translate theme options?

Solution: The options in the theme customization are usually stored in the wp_options table and can be translated using the Admin Texts. Please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the the strings you are looking for. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 18, 2018 at 2:56 pm #2189917

michalk-46

I am trying to: translate my website from English hidden link to Deutch hidden link , but when I want to translate things from the theme I can not. So when I click on "customize" button and I change there something, it changes on the English version, but I don't want that.

PS: I am using the consultive theme

May 21, 2018 at 8:07 pm #2204135

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

The options in the theme customization are usually stored in the wp_options table and can be translated using the Admin Texts. Please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the the strings you are looking for. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

May 22, 2018 at 6:07 am #2205148

michalk-46

Hello Lauren, I wanted to do that even before I contacted you (I found a guide in which you provide this information). In the plugin, I, however, can not go to WPML > String Translation, as "string translations" are not there...Perhaps this option is in one of your programs that is more expensive (maybe in the Multilingual CMS), I, however, can not afford to pay $79 for a plugin that will help me with this, $29 was actually the maximum I was willing to go for. So will I be able to somehow still change my string translations, or are we in a dead end?

May 22, 2018 at 2:12 pm #2208718

Lauren
Supporter

Hi Michal, String Translation is part of the WPML CMS package, but it is not part of the blog package. String Translation is needed in order to translate Theme options/Customization options. You can see the different features available in different versions here: https://wpml.org/purchase/

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

May 22, 2018 at 3:38 pm #2209877

michalk-46

That's a shame, my budget, however, won't allow me to purchase the more expensive package, so I will have to ask for refund 🙁

May 22, 2018 at 4:25 pm #2210433

Lauren
Supporter

I'm sorry that it won't be able to work for you. If you would like to proceed with the refund request here is the link to process refund requests: https://wpml.org/purchase/refunds-policy/