This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Dashboard crashes if the WPML is enabled.

Solution: I found upon checking the requirements, the WP Memory was not enough. Increasing WP Memory to 256 MB fixed this issue.

Refer : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/dashboard-crashes-constantly-after-installing-wpml/#post-3844691

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michael-mobjergM 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
May 19, 2019 at 10:08 am

michael-mobjergM

I am trying to: Make WPML work without constant crashes of the dashboard

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: elarpa.fincamalaga.com/wp-admin

I expected to see: no crashes

Instead, I got: constant crashes

May 19, 2019 at 1:46 pm #3841845

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility issues. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

Plugin conflict
Could you please disable all the plugins and check this?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes like twenty seventeen, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Console Errors
In your chrome browser Press Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + J (Mac) before you go to this step.
Check if you see any red errors here : hidden link and let me know.

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#enabling-the-built-in-debugging-feature-in-wordpress.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

May 19, 2019 at 7:33 pm
May 20, 2019 at 8:15 am #3844691

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

your WP Memory limit is not enough: hidden link
Please increase it as much as you can and then try to install all the WPML plugins.

Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Also, I see this message: hidden link
This means you have to ask your hosting provider to enable the curl on your package.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

May 20, 2019 at 1:03 pm #3847049

michael-mobjergM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!