This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 61 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 19, 2019 at 9:04 pm #3842523

hlaingM

I am trying to: translate the data values from the select fields of a plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Image attached

I expected to see: translation of data in the select fields

Instead, I got: Untranslated data

May 20, 2019 at 11:31 am #3846365

Oscar Miras

Hi,

I need some information about the plugins and theme you are using so I'm kindly asking you to share your debug information so I can provide better support. Please, go to WPML > Support, and click in the line "For retrieving debug information if asked by support person, use the debug information page." click in debug information

Thank you for your collaboration,
Oscar.

May 20, 2019 at 8:30 pm #3850081

hlaingM

Hi, I am now attaching the debug info. Thank you.

May 21, 2019 at 12:18 pm #3855015

hlaingM

Hi, yes, please do at the sandbox site. Please let me know if you see any issues. Thank you.

May 22, 2019 at 11:10 pm #3869663

hlaingM

Hi, I am trying to replicate, but I do not see string (texts) to translate. I was able to translate string which you can see in the images attached when I opened the ticket. But, I am not able to translate string. Is something missing with the WPML settings?

May 23, 2019 at 8:24 am #3872517

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Thank you for your tests.

I would like to access your site in order to check if there's anything different that we should take into account.

Please, make sure you have a full backup of your site before granting me access. The best way to do it is to create a new user with administrator privileges and share with me the credentials in the provided boxes.

In addition, I would like you to ask for permission to install the Duplicator plugin, in case I need to perform a full export of your site to perform more tests in our servers.

Thank you for your collaboration,
Oscar.

May 24, 2019 at 8:37 am #3882409

Oscar Miras

Hi,

I'm still working on it.
I'm discussing the issue with second-tier support as it seems to be another compatibility problem with the ClassiPress theme.

As soon as I get some feedback I will inform you.

Thank you for your patience,
Oscar.

May 24, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3885535

Oscar Miras

Hi,

The Compatibility team has found out that there is an incompatibility in the ClassiPress theme.

We have to contact the author in order to solve the problem. I'm afraid that there is no workaround to achieve it.

The string translations in your production site must be related to other fields, not the custom fields for the ads forms.

I will update you as soon as we have some progress in the issue.
If you have any question do not hesitate in asking me.

Thank you for your patience,
Oscar.

May 24, 2019 at 3:54 pm #3886149

hlaingM

Hi, thank you for your response. I await your update on this issue. Thank you.

May 28, 2019 at 5:24 am #3902783

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Thank you for waiting.

The Compatibility team has been working in this issue and they have found out that the plugin is not WPML-ready and compatible. You can check it here: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

We have started to work on it to achieve WPML compatibility. In the meanwhile, could you describe who is the plugin's developer? We also would need a contact email so we can work together with the author to speed up the needed development.

Thank you,
Oscar.

May 28, 2019 at 5:37 am #3902805

hlaingM

Hi,

Were you referring to the compatibility issue with WPML Bridge Plugin?

hidden link

Thanks.

May 28, 2019 at 8:22 am #3903977

Oscar Miras

Hi,

That plugin is part of ClassiPress theme. I'm referring to this plugin: hidden link

It looks like this plugin is not developed by the same company or developers.

I wonder if you have the contact details of the author. Most probably they were sent to you by email when you bought the plugin.

Thank you,
Oscar.

May 28, 2019 at 10:08 am #3905221

hlaingM

Hi,

The developer (Mohsin Zunzunia) who used to be the owner of the website (www.themebound.com) and that plugin said that he is no longer part of his website/business to the new owner.

I contacted the new owner via all the available channels (email, skype, facebook, facebook posts/comments, FB messager etc). It has been over a month. During that time, the owner responded by saying " did you solve your this problem ?" ONLY ONCE via Facebook comments. I appears that the owner or the author is not cooperating.

The developer's link:
hidden link

The themebound's (owner- Safaa Zakaria) business link:
hidden link

You can also check email or business contacts via:
hidden link

What would you suggest that I do? I have my own freelance developer who has been helping with a number of issues including WPML customizations. Can I have him to work on that? Please set the next reply private so I can give you his private contact.

Thank you.

May 28, 2019 at 11:47 am #3906405

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Thank you for the contact information. I'm sorry you are dealing with this inconvenience.
I'm glad that you also are offering to work with your freelance developer. However, that is not the usual way to work to solve the issue.

Compatibility team is going to try to figure out the solution with the author's help. In case the plugin developer is not willing to help, they may still make it work.

Thank you for your comprehension. I will inform you as soon as we have some results.
Oscar.

May 29, 2019 at 6:57 am #3912215

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Compatibility team has come up with a possible fix. Please, keep in mind that this is just a workaround due to the difficulty to contact the plugin's author. You can try it, but before, please make sure you have a full backup of your production site.

-In wp-content/plugins/dynamic-multi-level-fields/helpers.php, replace line 65 with:

$option_string .= '<option id="level_' . $level . '_v_' . $row->value_id . '" value="' . esc_attr($row->value) . '"' . $selected_string . '>' . __(esc_attr($row->value)) . '</option>';

To translate the new strings follow these steps:

• Visit the page in the front end where the strings are displayed (eventually you may need to visit once the page in a secondary language)
  • By doing it, the strings are registered into String Translation
  • Now, go to WPML > String Translation. You should be able to translate the strings. Please notice that they are going to be registered under the defaultdomain

Here's a video step by step:
    hidden link

Should you need further assistance do not hesitate to contact me, I will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Oscar.