This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 61 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 8:25 am #3913043

hlaingM

Hi,

Thank you very much for your detailed response. What specific part of line 65 ("If" clause) is to be replaced? (image attached). (or) the entire part from line 65 to 67 is to be replaced?

Thanks.

May 29, 2019 at 9:17 am #3913831

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Please, notice that the file to modify is helpers.php. I think you are editing multi-level.php.

Besides, it is possible that WordPress won't allow you to update the file while the plugin is active. You may disable it before editing, or do it by FTP.

Kind regards,
Oscar.

May 29, 2019 at 9:38 am #3913973

hlaingM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hi, one last question concerning this issue: if I upgrade or reinstall the plugin, will that little modification be gone?

May 29, 2019 at 9:53 am #3914069

hlaingM

Hi,

I notice an issue:

In the link below, I switched ON the 2nd language and chose the translation of Yangon from the select field (the last/4th item on the headbar). However, although the data (translation of "Yangon") can be seen in the select field when you click, it only displays "Yangon" in English (not the translation) when you select it.

Furthermore, in the single listing, there are 2 places displaying "Yangon" (Not the translation) when the 2nd language switch is ON.

hidden link

hidden link

I already did the translations of "Yangon" in all the places at the string translation. Why can't I see the translations in those places? Thank you.

May 29, 2019 at 2:07 pm #3916289

hlaingM

Hi,

So, with string translation, I translated "CA", the translation of which can be seen under the parent data field "BR-USA" on the front-end (i.e. the 4th menu of the headbar). After you switch on the 2nd language, Click "BR-USA" and then "the translation of CA" can be seen However, when you select that translation, the translation does not appear. Rather, it is displayed in English as "CA" as shown in the link below

hidden link

Here, after submitting an ad "TESTING WITH THE TRANSLATION OF CA UNDER BR-USA" in the 2nd language, you do not see the translations of "CA" in the single ad listing shown below, though I selected the translation of "CA" as the location.

hidden link

Thanks.

May 30, 2019 at 7:34 am #3920961

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Regarding the CA in hidden link

You need to translate the whole AD to see the translation. String Translation only allows you to translate the strings provided by plugins or themes (for example, the pre-defined countries). The content that you write or create must be translated using the WPML translator editor.

Example:
1. I create an ad in the backend (but you could create it in the front end); in the default language
2. You edit the ad in the backend in the default language.
3. Click on the '+' icon to translate it to the secondary language.

I recorded a video. Please notice I had to refresh the ad in the front end to reload translations. hidden link

Regarding the CA in hidden link , I attached a screenshot to verify if that is the "CA" you would like to translate. If so, that is an element in the menu seems to be loaded dynamically in the theme.

Please, confirm both points so we can advance further.

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Thank you,
Oscar.

May 30, 2019 at 9:04 am #3921507

hlaingM

Hi,

Thank you for your responses. But, I think there is a misunderstanding.

The data values including CA in the select field appears as an item of the headbar due to the dynamic ML plugin. In the slide, I explained how I entered those data and already translated "CA" via the string translation. By default (before the selection of the data values), you can see "select location" which appears as a result of the dynamic ML plugin. Note that in these example, I only translated "CA" in WPML string translation.

When I was talking about the translation of "CA", I WAS ONLY referring to the translation of "CA" that was ALREADY translated with string translation at the BACK-END but its translation does NOT appear when the 2nd language switch is ON.

The slides can explain you with a more clarity.

Thanks.

May 30, 2019 at 2:37 pm #3923881

Oscar Miras

Hi,

I confirm that I am discussing the issue with Compatibility team.
Please, wait until I get some feedback from them.

Thank you for understanding,
Oscar.

June 4, 2019 at 1:27 pm #3951965

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Compatibility team has come with a possible solution to the issue.
Please, make the following modifications to the code:

wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/theme-widgets/class-widget-listing-map.php replace line 122:

$make_address = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'cp_street', true ) . ' ' . __(get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'cp_city', true )) . ' ' . __(get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'cp_state', true )) . ' ' . get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'cp_zipcode', true );

For the menu, in wp-content/plugins/dynamic-multi-level-fields/multi-level.php replace line 213 with:

<li class="menu-item"><?php echo '<a class="ml_value_highlight" href="#"><strong>'. __( $current_branch_value, 'multi-level-values' ) .'</strong></a>'; ?>

Then, visit the page with the ad. For example, in my case, it is: hidden link

Afterwards, you should be able to translate the value in WPML > String Translation.

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/translating-the-theme-you-created/

Do not hesitate to contact me in case you need further help. I'll be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Oscar.

June 4, 2019 at 7:12 pm #3954803

hlaingM

Hi,

Thank you very much.

(1) When I edit that code below in the child theme, it does not work. Why is it the case? I have to edit it in the parent theme.

wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/theme-widgets/class-widget-listing-map.php replace line 122:

(2) I am attaching the image showing that the outputs of the plugin (Advanced Custom Fields for ClassiPress) are NOT showing the translations. In the image, I pointed the arrows to the English texts which should show the translations. This plugin is also under the same business as the dynamic multi-fields plugin

Thanks.

June 5, 2019 at 2:20 pm #3961307

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Regarding the child theme issue, it could be because to override a widget is not the same as overriding a template. This is out of the scope of support, but you could have a look at this information about a possible way to do it: https://stackoverflow.com/a/40964006 . I hope it helps.

I have discussed the issue with the Compatibility team regarding the new problem with this another plugin from the same author. We really encourage plugin and theme authors to achieve compatibility with WPML. Sadly, sometimes the author is not willing to cooperate (as we have found out with this plugin author). What's more, this plugin has been never listed as WPML compatible: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=Advanced+Custom+Fields+for+ClassiPress&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Last but not least, I would not encourage using a plugin that is not likely to be maintained anymore. ClassiPress theme is being updated periodically, and new incompatibilities may come across with this plugin.

I hope you understand: we can't really mantain plugins without the author's collaboration.

Should you require further assistance or have any question do not hesitate to contact me. I'll be happy to help.

Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

Best wishes,
Óscar.

June 6, 2019 at 6:55 am #3966157

hlaingM

Hi,

Thank you for your responses. I understand. But, the situation is different with this plugin in that I purchased it via appthemes (the theme website). It was specifically developed for that theme. In other words, the plugins had to go through the theme developers' approval process and the theme developers/sellers get paid commission fees for the listing of the plugins by the plugin developers at their website.

hidden link

That means that I am purchasing the plugin sold by the sellers of the theme I am using. The sellers of the theme is also responsible for that plugin if the plugin developer does not respond.

I am giving it one last shot by contacting the plugin developer. If he does not coorporate, I will notify the theme developers/sellers to take an action with that plugin developer. In the event that the plugin developer does not respond, can I have my independent freelance developer to work on it with you?

I greatly appreciate your understanding of my situation.

June 7, 2019 at 10:22 am #3975509

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Alejandro,

Since Oscar is currently not available, I will replace him here in the forum.

I hope this is OK with you.

Let's do as you say. we can't really work with custom coding but your suggestion looks okay to me as long as the debugging part is on the developer. we can totally assist you but the developer will have to help us out with the "theme/plugin parts" (how it works, what is it capable of) of the issue, we will assit you with the WPML part of the issue.

I'm sure that working together could result in a good outcome, but yes, please contact the theme/plugin's author because in the end they are the ones who developed it and they will probably know better than all of us.

You can also work with one of WPML's contractors, if you wish. I suggest this because they know a lot about WPML (in the technical part and in the usability part) and they have probably worked on custom coding requests so they are probably a good fit to your issue plus they can contact us too, and act as an intermediary between us and your issue

If you wish to move forward with this last suggestion, you can find the best fit for you here:
https://wpml.org/contractors/

Regards.

June 23, 2019 at 6:00 pm #4073421

hlaingM

Hi,

On JUNE 4, 2019 AT 1:27 PM, Oscar provided me with the solution (to make the names appear in the string translation) by editing a couple of line of codes in both the dynamic-multi-level-field plugin and the theme. Yes, the names appeared in the string translation and I said that the issue was resolved. But, I just found out that ONLY some names of the regions/towns/townships (but not all) appeared in the string translation which you can see in the attached images.

Am I missing something? Could you please kindly help to resolve the issue? Thank you.

June 24, 2019 at 4:15 pm #4078499

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Could you please allow me access to your site (through the related fields i just enabled for you)

Could you also give me steps to find those fields that are missing both in the back-end (plugin configuration) and front-end( where they are showing)

Thanks in advance