This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 61 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
July 15, 2019 at 10:48 am #4210019

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, i'll return this ticket to "set to compatibility team" because our team has already contacted the author and they're waiting on their response so they can work on a few compatibility issues they found with your theme.

I split this ticket so we could test the custom field translation issue you had, and i already answered it.

Please check it out whenever you have time.

Regards.

July 19, 2019 at 4:50 pm #4247567

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

I just realized that you always need to create the ad from the default language in order to have it showing in all the languages, otherwise it will only be shown and available in the language in which it was published (so if you create the ad in burmese, it will only be shown in burmese).

You can change that with custom coding (which i now believe is the reason why you had that custom coding on your child theme that is currently messing up the ads) by duplicating them using this WPML hook: https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_make_post_duplicates/

that is beyond the scope of our support though but if you have a developer working on your site you can give them the above link and he will be able to write the snippet for it.

Our developers are currently working with classipress' developers in order to make their themes fully compatible but for now the 2 issues that were the topic of this ticket can be considered closed or partially solved so we have only one pressing problem left to solve (which we are working on in the other ticket).

the problems i mention are:

1) When an ad is created on a different language than the default's, they can't be seen in the other active languages but only on the language in which it was created.
Solution: This is expected as you can see here: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

2) I can't select anything from the dropdown menus of my ad's manager fields when they are translated

Solution:
go to wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/views-checkout.php, line 1132 you can change what's there for the following code:

if ( array_diff( (array)$field_value, $options ) && array_diff( (array)$field_value, $options_escaped ) ) {
    $errors->add( 'invalid-' . $field->field_name, sprintf( __( 'Error: The "%s" field is invalid.', APP_TD ), translate( $field->field_label, APP_TD ) ) );
}

that's not really recommended because you would turn off the field's validation process but it's the only workaround for this as it's the author of the theme who has to apply the more permanent fix.

Regards.