This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.12 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 7:48 pm #4046299

soremG

Just talking to my developer about our Database as it is huge - and now he tells me that the table with WPML data is about 200mb..?
is that normal.?

June 19, 2019 at 7:39 am #4049001

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

For now it is normal that the database is big, because all of the strings, WPML cache and a few other things related to the Strings Translations plugin (mostly) are stored there, so if you have many plugins or plugins that contain a lot of strings, then it will grow a lot.

We are actually working on a different (and faster / more optimized) way to handle this to avoid this database dimension but we don't really have an ETA on it.

For now, the solution would be to delete the strings that are not being used and maybe avoid auto registering of strings. this is not really an Ideal situation because it would eliminate the automatic string registration and could also make the site a bit slower. but if you need to do this, then we can help you with it, just let us know.

I strongly suggest, though that if you are not encountering any problem, then do not proceed with the above mentioned process.

Regards.