This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ian 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
December 11, 2012 at 11:16 am #89688

Ian

Hi
I am getting the following database errors in my log. Can you let me know the resolution please:

[10-Dec-2012 19:00:48 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND taxonomy='post_tag'' at line 1 for query SELECT term_taxonomy_id FROM wp_term_taxonomy WHERE term_id= AND taxonomy='post_tag' made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/canvas/archive.php'), get_footer, locate_template, load_template, require_once('/themes/canvas/footer.php'), wp_footer, do_action('wp_footer'), call_user_func_array, SitePressLanguageSwitcher->language_selector_footer, icl_get_languages, SitePress->get_ls_languages

[11-Dec-2012 08:11:28 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column 'wp_posts.post_type' in 'where clause' for query SELECT wp_comments.* FROM wp_comments JOIN wp_icl_translations t ON wp_comments.comment_post_ID = t.element_id
AND t.element_type='post_post' AND t.language_code='th' JOIN wp_icl_translations tc ON wp_comments.comment_ID = tc.element_id AND tc.element_type='comment' AND tc.language_code='th' WHERE comment_post_ID = '225' AND comment_approved = '1' AND wp_posts.post_type NOT IN ('shop_order') ORDER BY comment_date_gmt DESC LIMIT 10 made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), wp, WP->main, WP->query_posts, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts

December 11, 2012 at 12:19 pm #89706

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Ian,

Can you please provide the plugin versions of WPML and its add-ons you may be using?

Also, which action generates the errors?

Are you using an eCommerce plugin? If so, which one?

December 11, 2012 at 1:05 pm #89720

Ian

Hi Sarah
Ok I am using WPML CMS Nav v. 1.2.7
WPML Media 1.2.0
WPML Multilingual CMS 2.6.0
WPML Sticky Links 1.2.0
WPML String Translation 1.3.1
WPML Translation Management 1.3.1
I am using WooCommerce as my eCommerce solution version 1.6.5.2 with
WooCommerce Multilingual 1.4

Thanks
Ian

December 11, 2012 at 1:05 pm #89721

Ian

Ah - I have no idea which action is generating the errors. Sorry.
Ian

December 11, 2012 at 1:16 pm #89725

sarah.n
Supporter

Ian,

Thank you for getting back to me. I would suggest that you first update your WPML and its add-ons to their latest versions.

You can check the latest released versions under "My Account -> Downloads" on this site. Instructions to update can be found here: http://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#2

After this, keep an eye on the error log to see whether you get those warnings repeating after the update. If you don't see new errors generated then you should be fine.

December 11, 2012 at 1:52 pm #89735

Ian

Hi
I am ok to upgrade the plugins but using the installer looks like I have to uninstall and delete teh directory holding the existing plugins. If I do that am I going to lose all my settings? If so what is the recommended UPGRADE path rather than a new install which the installer plugin documentation refers to.

Thanks
ian

December 17, 2012 at 7:58 am #91084

sarah.n
Supporter

Hello Ian,

You should always backup your database prior to any update.

Then, manually deleting the plugins from the "plugin" folder will not affect your database (settings and content is saved in the db)

If however you prefer to manually upgrade here are the steps:

Backup your database first. You can use a plugin for this if you like such as: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

1. Deactivate the existing WPMl plugin and add-ons.

2. Manually delete the plugin files from the plugin folder

3. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory.

4. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Hope this helps.

December 17, 2012 at 10:43 am #91182

Ian

Well I inadvertantly deleted a lot of information. have recovered now. Thanks for the advice on backing up databases. My bad.