Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 4, 2019 at 11:31 am #4510433

diegoA

I had a problem in the past which was solved, but every week comes and comes again. The database size of the wordpress grows without a reason. Everytime it happens, I have to go to WPML/SUPPORT/PROBLEMS... and then push "remake/calculate cache tables in DB". After several minutes it's solved, but after some days it grows again without touching anything in the website. Can you tell me how to solve this?

September 4, 2019 at 12:14 pm #4510781

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 5, 2019 at 9:59 am #4518143

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Flush all cache memory.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply the troubleshooting steps highlighted in the attached image.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Regards,
Carlos

September 5, 2019 at 10:39 am #4518503

diegoA

I have done all your steps. Let me see if in the following days the database grows again or not. thank you!

September 5, 2019 at 12:40 pm #4519325

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I will be waiting for your message.

Regards,
Carlos